Home Forums Chat Forum Sending an ebike

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sending an ebike
  • turbo1397
    Free Member

hi folks. Has anyone done the above. I want to ship it withing the UK.. usually use paisley freight. My box is within there weight and dimensions but no mention about ebikes

clubby

I looked at various companies last year and no one would take it at a reasonable cost. I usually use Paisley Freight as well, so there must have been something in t&c’s that put me off.
    Only reason place I think I got a yes from was over £250, as they’d take it as only item in the van. Think the massive second hand battery is a no no for most companies. May have changed in the last year though.

turbo1397
    Free Member

How do all the bike shops get there ebikes delivered?  There must be some company that delivers.. ?

clubby

Mine came Parcelforce when I bought it during Covid, but they won’t touch it from general public. Look at Royal Mail, they’ll take new batteries in original packaging but not used ones, for safety reasons.
    Commercial customers always get stuff delivered that the general public can’t. See air shocks and forks for example. I couldn’t send my rear shock away for service with RM but it came back via them.

DrJ

Same with cameras. DHL will carry them for commercial customers but they’re on the prohibited list for Joe Public.

escrs
    Free Member

How do all the bike shops get there ebikes delivered?  There must be some company that delivers.. ?

Brand new e bikes are shipped in the manufactuers box, packed and checked over by the manufactuer/bike shop not by joe public who the delivery company have no idea what they have done inside the box or what condition the battery may be in

craig24
    Free Member

I had a buyer send DHL to collect an ebike from myself last year, they took it no issues.

argee

Damn, thought this was going to be about some big air time on ebikes :o(

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Have you tried “man with a van” ?

Failing other alternatives, take it with you on train, either whole way or meet buyer at station mid distance?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.