Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • selkirk merida…How did you enjoy it then?
  • Top.Dog
    Free Member

on a tandem?

druidh
    Free Member

You clunt!

What sort of pervert do you think I am?

Top.Dog
    Free Member

no offence intended, just saw a tandem between inners and eilibank

Moomin
    Free Member

I though it was excellent route. Did the 85km and crawled my way round in 7hr 37mins. Severe back ache from the climbs but really loved the downhills. Even all the gloopy mud downhills were a scream.
    Went OTB on the tight twisty trail that led onto caddon bank in one of those slow comical moments.

Only complaint was that there was no entertainment on sat afternoon, went to Pentrith in 07 and they had displays on so ended up in the pub all afternoon 😳

Also saw the tandem when at the feed stop at the bottom of inners. 😀

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Anyone get a spot prize? I got a pair of tyres and a pair of socks! 😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

you came in about 3 afterme then dimmadan ? the geezer about 6 back from me got tires and tubes …. 🙁

Dimmadan
    Free Member

What were you riding? Were you in the Borders MTB lot? I was slow bugger on the Trek EX8.

trail_rat
    Free Member

nah merida flx 3500d in angus bike chain kit …about 8 of us came in together

Top.Dog
    Free Member

I was wearing a mtb-borders.com jersey on a white commencal meta4, finished about 7hrs38 i think

trail_rat
    Free Member

oops sorry musta been someone else that won tires behind me then – we came in around 6 hours after carting one of our own to the medics and 2 punctures on the same bike – rear wheel went pop adn gave the guy a latex shower … then the tube went pop as it didnt have enough air in it for the minch moor rough stuff

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Top Dog, I was the guy in the White and Blue jersey and on the Trek. I was riding with you for a bit up to Minch Moore and then had a laugh with a group of you when your mate kept falling off his bike while going up hill just after the 41k feed station. I had a chuckle when one of you just said "balls to it" got off his bike and let it roll off into the forrest.

Trail Rat, I guess I was a lucky as I asked them if they were doing a lucky dip and they just asked me what I wanted.

Top.Dog
    Free Member

Dimmadan, in a Loughborough(sp) top with tan lines on your legs?

Spunkmonkey
    Free Member

Excellent day out and really like the new course, though definitely tougher in the climbing stakes.

Nothing but friendly banter everywhere we went. Did attend to one young lad that departed his steed in Yair at quite a rate of knots – hope you're ok buddy (did see you briefly at the end all strapped up).

jordie
    Free Member

I had a top day out i did like the course but there was a lot of climbing.My only gripe was i thought i was getting lost at the end going over past that mast there wasn

r

t seen anybody in ages i was starting to think i was of course. Apart from that it was a good event oh everybody i spoke to were pretty chilled out i never came across any bad attitudes

plus-one

i gave someone a tube afer inners climb on the grassy descent to the second last feed station(guy with black and white top) i had a blue retro style "st neith" top on..dunno if it was yourself dougal..? if it was glad i could help.. but yeah i thought it was a great day out my 4th time doin selkirk and it felt the hardest yet..! in a good way.. 🙂

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Got to say great event again. We did the Sportive on the Sat and despite the damp weather had a great ride, expect we binned our new shiny Dale tandem on the last descent. Stoker not happy considering I'd had plenty of warning to slow down! Gravel rash healing nicely. Rode the 45k on the Sunday and really enjoyed the dry trails and fab views. Well done Merida.

Stu

Disappointing seeing the amount of litter we left round the hills. Gel rappers.

Have to agree islander, I thought the amount of gel wrappers on the course was a disgrace. 👿 How hard is it to put the empty wrapper back in your pocket? (And before anyone says anything I did pick a few up on the most remote bits).

Apart from that I enjoyed it lots, even if it felt like it was all climbing…

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Don't get me started on litter at Merida. I spent Sunday's ride picking up dozens of gel and bar wrappers, not to mention plastic energy drink bottles. Disgraceful, yet I've never caught or seen anyone dropping anything. Think Merida need to address this issue asap.

Shred
    Free Member

I did the 85km ride and really enjoyed it, although found it very hard going. The 1st grassy descent was pretty interesting. I passed a lot of bottles that had jumped out of holders going down there. The second climb just never seemed to end!

I didn't really enjoy the very muddy/rooty technical sections, or the rock steps in the Innerleithen climb, but overall enjoyed the ride!

trail_rat
    Free Member

im sans a bottle – completely accidental … lost it somewhere between the start and innerleithen …..

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Top Dog, sadly that wasn't me but you did over take me going up the Minch Moore climb where the rock steps were. I spent ages riding with your mate on his Orange and Yellow Specialized FSR.

ScotlandTheScared

I'll own up to losing a bottle. But I have no idea where – so going back wasnt an option. Was at least careful about gel and bar wrappers – its true that there were far too many of them by the side of the track, and I'm sure that some of those were not accidentally dropped 🙁

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘selkirk merida…How did you enjoy it then?’ is closed to new replies.