Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Seeking recommendations for a soft shell jacket with removable sleeves
  • sp
    Free Member

Time has come to look at replacing my trusty Gore Phantom Soft Shell Jacket. This is the one with zip-off sleeves.

Are there any similar jackets on the market worth consideration?

matthew_h
    Free Member

Endura Convert softshell is definitely worth a look

d45yth
    Free Member

I use a Gore Alp-X Windstopper. I’ve always been happy with it and will replace it with the same when needed.

nikk
    Free Member

I have some kind of Gore Windstopper zip off sleeve jacket from maybe 8 years ago or so. It has been amazing and is still in constant use, I think it is the only piece of equipment or clothing that I am still using from then.

I am looking to replace it soon, and I would go for the same again, but I can’t remember the exact type it is, and Gore have got two zip off sleeve windstopper jackets:

PATH 2.0 WINDSTOPPER® Active Shell Zip-Off Jacket

ALP-X 2.0 WINDSTOPPER® Soft Shell Zip-Off Jacket

Trouble is, I got some Gore Windstopper soft shell shorts recently, and I am less than impressed with the material (in fact, they are going back to Gore because the seems are coming to bits after 4 or 5 rides). The feel is different as well, they seem thicker and more fabric like, whereas my old jacket is a bit thinner and the material isn’t as ‘fuzzy’.

d45yth
    Free Member

One if the links in the above post is for the newer version of what I have…maybe I won’t be replacing it with that. I’m sure I didn’t pay anywhere near that price!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Seeking recommendations for a soft shell jacket with removable sleeves’ is closed to new replies.