Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • See Sense lights PSA
  • winston
    Free Member

If anyone wants a see sense rear light for cheaps, put [removed] into the code section.

I have used them for a while and they are absolutely fantastic for commuting.

plus they are a really good company to deal with and support

The more people that use the lights the more use they will be to everybody

[Mod edit: we’ve removed the code at the request of See Sense as it’s not for general public use. Sorry.]

stevious

How cheap are we talking?

I love Seesense lights, and agree they are great to deal with.

winston
    Free Member

£15 for a rear Ace

stox
    Free Member

Ordered! I was looking at these the other day as I noticed I get a discount with BC but it wasn’t this much discount! Thanks

winston
    Free Member

All I would say is please opt in to the app which allows your info to be used by see sense. Normally this would be a no no for me but this data is being used to log bike journeys all around the country with a view to who knows what but it will be being collated by a company which wants better cycling infrastructure so I think in this case its a good thing,

seems fair in my opinion to give a little of my data in return for a handsome discount on a good product.

ampthill

I’ve was shopping for a rear light today so one ordered

ta11pau1

Are they any good as a (rear) light for running, with the included jersey clip? Only 35g so nice and light.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

not working for me?

drnosh
    Free Member

Ah.

Did you read the conditions,
    no 1, you have to use the app,
    especially no 2 if you dont live in Oxford.

mechanicaldope

Hmm… Not quite the offer it seems. 10% capacity (whatever that means) if you don’t opt in/have the app running when you start to charge and have to be collected in person in Oxford.

winston
    Free Member

Strange. Allowed me to order and free post to a non oxford address .

Perhaps they will cancel my order

breninbeener

I also was able to get free postage to a non Oxon address.

I shall report back when i know if im being sent one

jkomo

It comes with a clip for running etc.
    I bought one with BC code.
    For £15 it’s great.
    Battery life is rubbish, and the connection to Garmin mildly useful.
    A good commuter light for less than 2hr rides.

kelvin

Oops. Presumably they’ll just cancel and refund our orders.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Boo. I ordered one last night. Assume will have order cancelled 🙁

EDIT- it says it has shipped.. curious..

ampthill

Mines not been cancelled yet……

breninbeener

Just had an email to say its en route to me!

dhrider
    Free Member

Looks like your order just sits and will eventually get refunded if you dont collect it

2. COLLECT YOUR LIGHT
    Lights are available to collect at County Hall, Front Reception, New Road, Oxford, OX1 1ND. Office hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
    You will need to bring the email confirmation of proof of purchase.
    If lights are not collected, you will not be able to participate in the project, and your purchase will be refunded.
    Note that lights will not be posted out to you

eviljoe
    Free Member

Hmm. Email says it is being shipped to my home address?

wwaswas

Not want to pee on anyone’s parade but given the purpose of these offer lights is specifically to try and help cyclists in Oxford by tracking behaviour and route choice could people who won;t be using them for that maybe ‘fess up and leave the offer lights available for those who will?

You might end up with a bargin light but that’s not really the point in this case is it – it’s about helping fellow cyclists by creating a safer urban environment?

aberdeenlune
    Free Member

Didn’t know it was for an Oxford experiment when I ordered mine. Could have guessed but I’m not that smart. Anyway I have one en route to Aberdeen. Will give them some alternative info for the colder commutes up here.

I would send it back if they paid for the postage 🤪

wwaswas

I would send it back if they paid for the postage

I’ll contact them on your behalf and ask.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Not want to pee on anyone’s parade but given the purpose of these offer lights is specifically to try and help cyclists in Oxford by tracking behaviour and route choice could people who won;t be using them for that maybe ‘fess up and leave the offer lights available for those who will?

You might end up with a bargin light but that’s not really the point in this case is it – it’s about helping fellow cyclists by creating a safer urban environment?

To be fair to those who ordered, it is possible to get all the way through the ordering system without seeing any reference to the Oxford -specific nature of the offer.

I needed a new rear light- in the current economic climate I can’t justify the full price of this one, it was either that or a cheapie from China from Amazon. Would rather buy British if I can

Happy to give the company lots of feedback and positive reviews IF the light shows up

breninbeener

Why would anyone care about cyclists outside Oxford? Surely cycling everywhere has dangers.

It really didnt seem like it was entirely for Oxford, however if i have missed the point and there is an outraged cyclist from Oxford whos safety i am now compromising, then if they contact me they can have mine.

andybrad

mines just died 🙁

stox
    Free Member

I ordered one last night after this PSA. I Live in the north east had no idea what the arrangement was with this discount otherwise I wouldn’t have ordered one. The OP just gave a code so I used it. I have had an email to say they’ve shipped the light so I’ll see how it pans out.

whatgoesup

I ordered one last night thinking it was just a “normal” discount code and have had the dispatch email this morning.

Given the above information about the intended purpose, I’ve just sent a message to see.sense asking if it can be cancelled, or if the light can be returned to them.

I’ll post the reply I get up here.

ampthill

I was about to say to them don’t send it. But it’s been shipped….

whatgoesup

I just received this reply below.

Hi there, We had to refund your order for the Oxford discount code, as this is for use specifically for users registered with the trial taking place there. Road.cc shared this discount code by accident and we’ve had to refund several orders already.

Our apologies for the inconvenience.”

They did include a 20% discount code with the email as a goodwill gesture – I havn’t copied that in as I think it was intended to be for people receiving refunds not a general discount code.

stox
    Free Member

I’ve been refunded.(Mine showed as shipped).
    I think you can all expect the same.
    They’ve given me a 20% discount code instead. Can’t argue with that. I wouldn’t have ordered it had I known.
    I need a light tho so I might make use of the 20%

breninbeener

Mine has been refunded.

kelvin

I’ve got my refund.

willstaffs
    Free Member

I fessed up as I’m honest unlike most of you, this was the response:

Hi David,

Thanks for letting me know.

If you could do one thing for me I would very much appreciate it! The code is for use specifically for users registered with the trial taking place there. Road.cc shared this discount code by accident and we’ve had to refund several orders already. If you can pass this info onto the forum post, it would make my life and everyone who has ordered the light’s life a lot easier!

andybrad

code didnt work for me

stox
    Free Member

@willstaffs ..what a hero! Oh hang on … I emailed them too and fessed up .. not that you were to know that of course

willstaffs
    Free Member

@breninbeener thanks! 👍

willstaffs
    Free Member

@stox I said MOST! You can’t do right for doing right!

whatgoesup

@willstaffs – the code in your message is the one that I deliberately didn’t share publically – intended to be a gesture of goodwill rather than a public code to be shared I think (that’s how the original issue started)

Are you able to edit your post to remove it before people start using and sharing it ?

whatgoesup

@willstaffs – I don’t think the code was intended for sharing and wider use (sharing of a code is how this whole thing started….) – is is possible to edit your post to remove the code ?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘See Sense lights PSA’ is closed to new replies.