Home Forums Chat Forum SeceretLabs Titan Evo gaming chair alternatives

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • SeceretLabs Titan Evo gaming chair alternatives
  • escrs
    Free Member

So looking for a new gaming/computer chair

I can spend anywhere between 2-6 hours sat in one as well as taking naps etc… so i want something that can take the abuse, stay comfortable for long periods and looks good

The SecretLabs Titan Evo seems to fit the bill, has great reviews, 5 year warranty etc..

Price new is £500 or £250ish 2nd hand in great condition if you can find one near you, which i dont mind paying but are there any better or nearly as good gaming chairs for less?

mattyfez

I really like my titan evo… I went for the XL size, as I was on the edge or the regular size in terms of height & weight capacity.. the XL is listed as 181cm-205cm, 80kg-180kg

For that style of chair and price range it’s probably about as good as you’ll get. BEWARE of cheaper gaming/racing seat style chairs, quality and adjustability is a real mixed bag… the secret labs chairs are built properly with stiff foam that shouldn’t compact over time like cheaper ones.

I’ve noticed they now do a cheaper ‘Tital lite’ model, but I’m not clear on what the differences are.

Refurbed Herman miller chairs are a popular alternative in that price range, but you really need to try them before you buy – some people swear by them, others hate them, and they are expensive.

escrs
    Free Member

Cheers

From what ive read the Titan is quite stiff and a few people complain about it, biggest problem is actually sitting in one before i buy as it seems if you dont get on with it and try to return for a refund its quite expensive due to the size and weight of them

Ive been looking at the Corsair’s range of seats, cheaper than Secret labs and are stocked by the likes of Curry’s etc.. so more chance of sitting in one before purchase and easy to return if not suited

Cougar

I have a Secret Labs, Omega I think it is.  It was spendy but worth every penny.  I’m sitting in it for half my life and decades of shoulder pain has gone away since I got it.  Highly recommended.

andytherocketeer

All the gaming chairs I tried in the store by gaming brands all felt too light and wobbly.

Was a toss up between SecretLabs Titan and Noble Hero for me.  Ended up with a Noble Hero black edition.  Very firm and very solid. Made/sold by the CaseKing/Overclockers store.  Design etc. is very similar between the two.

somafunk

Secretlabs omega owner here and happy with it, bought my mates kid an omega at the same time 4 years ago and I’ve recently upgraded him to a titan evo as he’s now 6ft 5″, I’d happily recommend them to anyone.

escrs
    Free Member

Cheers, just been looking at the Noble chairs

I can get a Noble Epic in real leather for £500, which is the same price as a PU leather Titan Evo which is tempting

somafunk

I should add that all 3 secretlab chairs ive bought are the weave fabric, the covers are easily removed for washing.

mattyfez

Have a look here:

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/community/gaming-chairs.170/

It’s a tech forum so there are cabals of fan boys who will shout down anything that’s not thier preferred brand, but there’s quite a few threads on noble chairs build quality.. …a  bunch of people saying Herman millers are the only chairs worth buying, etc, etc.

So it might just confuse you more than it helps, but theres a lot of opinion to read!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.