Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Scwhalbe Procore. Thoughts?
  • mikeep
    Free Member

The 200grms extra per wheel is the off putting part for me.

I’d rather run the super gravity version of the tyre and get better sidewall protection.

I run 16psi on my 30mm internal rims and get loads of grip.

ahwiles
    Free Member

i think it’s a clever idea.

200g per wheel is less than the extra weight of a Dh tyre, which is a common solution to pinch-flats.

thankfully, i’m such a skillful rider mincer that i’m not really troubled by pinch flats.

BearBack
    Free Member

Looks like you can ask them anything shortly
    pinkbike , schwalbe procore

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It didn’t catch on 10 years ago,

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/THE-Eliminator-rim.html

poah
    Free Member

over priced and pointless for the majority of people

nickjb
    Free Member

over priced and pointless for the majority of people

The same was said about suspension, disk brakes, carbon, etc.

legend
    Free Member

Lourdes World Cup punctures; tubes, tubeless, procore. So they’re all rubbish really

Northwind

I like the idea, don’t like the pricetag- too expensive to experiment. I already use fairly light tyres so I don’t think I could change that, so it’d be added weight but maybe other benefits.

Been some pretty public failures at the races but that’s maybe unfair, who knows how a non-procore setup would have held up, and maybe the racers/teams just pushed it too far. Sponsored riders will be using them with schwalbe tyres after all so going for their lightweight carcasses on a big bike is, er, bold.

Maybe if we could see DH riders using maxxis on procore, or similiar, we’d see another story?

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I like it pretty sure it will be awesome just the issue of price and changing tyres. Wasn’t there something about it had to be done by shops?

poah
    Free Member

nickjb – Member

The same was said about suspension, disk brakes, carbon,

carbon still is over priced lol

granted the early varients of suspension and discs were expensive but they are down in price now (unless you like hope) but they genuinly offer somthing better than before for all. The majority of people don’t race DH

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Can’t see the point of it.

But also can’t see the point of 16psi either. Must be like riding around with a flat. It would probably last until the first corner before the tyre fell off the rim.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

If the tyre stays on the rim and doesn’t lose pressure low psi and stiff sidewalls offers crazy grip just got to get used to the squirmy feel.

seadog101

Not such a bad idea. Surely we cheapskates can dream up a ghetto version with a road inner tube and …. oh I don’t know, come on bike boffins.

nach
    Free Member

I’ll be trying it soon so will let you know. I like the idea of more grip, but mainly I pinch flat a lot on the HT and would like something on the back to stop that.

I have the bits but haven’t had the time near a lathe to make the home made tubular tyre version I was going to, but the procore valve seems to be exactly the same kind of thing I was planning to turn in brass: spacer between tube and rim, lateral holes that line up between that and the adapter when it’s unscrewed. I expected it to be more complicated, and I’d be surprised if something similar hasn’t at least been sketched by the guys behind Deaneasy too.

euans2
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure that the issues the procore riders had at Lourdes was due to the rims failing first there is no saving it if the rim fails.

euans2
    Free Member

Schwalbe are doing a live talk session on pinkbike right now regarding procore

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

AlexSimon

It’s been in stock for a few weeks now. Anybody fit it yet?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Scwhalbe Procore. Thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.