Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • SCUM!!!!!!
  • monksie
    Free Member

I really don’t know why I’m posting this. Sympathy maybe? Not sure.

My daugher took her new BMX out today which she is totally over the moon with and in her excitement left the garage door open.

Meanwhile, I’m out for a very slow walk with my wife. Only the 2nd time she’s been out of the door since her surgery two weeks ago and as we went out via the garden, I didn’t see that the garage door was wide open.

Back from our less than 500 metre but yet 30 minute walk and there’s Police outside the house! Shit! Two scrotes have been in the garage, kicked over the row of bikes that are individually and collective locked up and opened up the boxed Scott road bike that I’ve sold and tipped it out. This has been witnessed by my elderly neighbour opposite who’s rushed out to challenge them. The scrote with the frame and fork in his grubby mitts has thrown it at him and ran off.

My neighbour is quite shook up and has a nasty cut on his ankle, the Scott bike has a snappped fork leg, knackered saddle and some scratches, The other bikes seem OK and my daughter? Absolutely beside herself. I’ve tried to cuddle her and explain that leaving the garage open is an easy thing to do when you rush, are excited, thinking about other things etc. but she’s sobbing. The Policeman was a little harsh with her but I suppose his message has been received loud and clear.

Don’t know why I’ve posted this. My wife is exhausted and can barely move as it is. She really doesn’t need this shit. My daughter won’t come out of her room and won’t let me in. I have a sold bike which now needs refunding, a neighbour who deserves a very nice cooked meal and some bottles of wine and another neighbour who is going to get a poke in the eye if he doesn’t wind his neck in and go back in his house.

No one else to talk to at the moment so you lot will have to do.

Never a soddiong dull day. Please don’t tell me how unlucky I am if you see me. I know. I don’t need telling!

Let the sympathy or pointing and laughing commence.

Junkyard
    Free Member

could have been much worse but yes still sucks

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I managed to leave a folding bike outside the house whilst I got distracted by the wife – it went a little while later.

At least it was the road bike that was damaged and not a mountain bike…

Olly
    Free Member

do you still have your pitchfork?
    I feel a wicker man coming on.

thats really crap! hateful little ass hats.
    other than the scott, did they bugger anything up, or take anything?
    hope it all blows over.

sambob
    Free Member

Absolutely gutted for you 🙁

Drac

Concentrate on your wife and daughter, bike doesn’t matter but is annoying. Treat your good neighbour ignore the nosey one. Life loves to try us.

donsimon
    Free Member

😯 Not good, at least no-one was seriously hurt.

mrmo
    Free Member

what really pisses me off is the police probably know who it is.

Cheltenham Local paper report.

and i guess it is the same in most areas, the police know who the scum are.

project
    Free Member

Hopefully there will be finger prints on the frame, and what about insurance, or local neighbours with cctv.

Oh and it could happen to any one of us,if fact a nosey neighbour told me the other day why did i bother lock my garage when i went out for a ride,(even though there where other bikes still in there) as i was usually back 2 hours later during the week.

Zoolander
    Free Member

What drac said.

Markie
    Free Member

Sorry to hear all this, good luck – particularly in supporting your wife and daughter.

maxray
    Free Member

I left a scanner and other computer gear on the roof of our car when unpacking the other week, was moat relieved to find it still on the roof the next morning!

I guess at least no one was injured, bikes can be replaced.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I hate when it feels like all this stuff comes at once. If the cops are not too interested in the failed burglary, hassle them about the assault on your neighbour.

Focus on your family right now but be mindful that now they’ve seen a number of bids in there, they may be back with some bolt croppers. Beef up security if you can to stop your week getting any worse.

RealMan
    Free Member

Could’ve been much worse, but still sucks. Unlucky.

mamadirt
    Free Member

That sucks! 🙁 Really hope the police can do something. Second Drac’s thoughts too.

crazy-legs

I hate to be all negative but it might be worth putting some extra security on/in the garage now they know exactly what’s there…

Glad you’re all basically OK, that’s the main thing.

Bregante

I hate the way it feels that we are constantly surrounded by thieving pieces of shite all the time. These toe rags are our neighbours children and they see nothing wrong with walking into somebody else’s property, whether it’s locked up or not and helping themselves to something that doesn’t belong to them. I only hope that one day they will have something that they legitimately obtained taken from them. Just so they know how it feels. Somehow I doubt think that is highly unlikely to ever occur.

monksie
    Free Member

Thanks everyone. I’ve got a better sense of perspective about it now. You’re all right of course. It could have been much worse and the only physical injury is to Alan’s ankle. He likes his chardonnay and I’ll make sure he has a steady supply this week.
    I’m gutted for the chap buying the bike. It was a lovely bike.
    Youngster is feeling better about it now. Pizza Hut delivery always helps.
    Even more chains and locks will be purchased first thing tomorrow and all the bikes are coming in the house tonight.
    I’m not sure I can claim on the insurnace for the broken bike as the garage door was left open and the boxed bike wasn’t locked up.
    Never mind. I’ll probably have a some road bike parts for sale in the classifieds soon.
    Just when things were calming down and getitng better.
    If we make our own luck, can somebody send me a pdf of the instructions.
    Thanks again everyone. You’re all lovely.
    Ps. apart from some scuffing on the bar tape of one bike, all else is good.
    Pps. Emily’s favourite Uncle Mick has got hold of the story from his favourite neice and is now assuring me he will have names by tomorrow night and the two people in person by Wednesday. Oh dear. I can do without Ugg and his mates getting involved.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

My daugher took her new BMX out today

I’d focus on that bit. 😀

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

You appear to be blaiming your daughter for leaving the garage door open. Man up a wee bit and take the blame for that yourself will you.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Don’t dwell on it mate, there’s no point. Something nice will happen to you tomorrow so focus on that instead. Like the other bloke said, how did the BMX ride go?

sambob
    Free Member

Was that really necessary SBZ?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Yes. Why blame the daughter when the OP is the one who left the house with the garage unlocked? Do you not check that the whole place is secure before you go out? I know I do.

Jehosophat
    Free Member

It is a crying shame we need to be so careful the whole time. Well done for locking your bikes up when in the garage – if that had been my garage, the lot would have been taken. I’ve been lucky on this point a couple of times when one of us has left the door open.

You got away relatively likely – like you are, I’d mostly be worried about my daughter being upset. Life’s lessons can be harsh. It’s a shame they need to learn what some people are like.

monksie
    Free Member

Zulu Person. I’ve not even insinuated that my daughter is to blame. Indeed, since this occured, much of my effort has been persuading her that she is not to blame, not her fault etc. despite her very firm belief that it is her fault for not shutting and locking the garage door.
    I take full responsibility for the lack of security this afternoon but the blame for this attempted theft lies with the thieves.
    As it happens but not that it matters, the 14 year old bundle of BMX riding joy left the house by the front door and then into the garage as my wife and I were making our very slow way out of the back door.
    So, just for clarity, I man myself up on a permanent basis, not beoing much of a whinger although God knows, with the continuous bad luck and mental and physical health going on, I think a minor whimper would be allowed. I take full responsibility for pretty much any and all the rubbish stuff that goes on around here as it is usually my fault entirely and my daughter has not and will not have even the slightest finger of blame pointed at her.
    Pizza Hut delivery pizza, garlic bread, diet coke and a heap of giggles and cuddles from both her mum and dad have straightened her out and she’s happy again but I suspect is still quietly harbouring the belief that it is her fault which it isn’t…… entirely… just joking 🙂

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I’ve tried to cuddle her and explain that leaving the garage open is an easy thing to do when you rush, are excited, thinking about other things etc. but she’s sobbing. The Policeman was a little harsh with her but I suppose his message has been received loud and clear.

This is the bit that I interpreted as you letting her take the blame.

A simple “I forgot to check that it was locked before we went out would have eased things a little for her” sharing the blame and still letting her learn the lesson etc…

angryratio
    Free Member

i had to sit on my hands as one of the lads who assaulted my younger brother walked past with his girlfriend.

If i had my way i’d own him with bombers.

Sadly it does’nt work like that.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

sbz – do you TRY to be a **** or does it come naturally? BTW the starred out word starts with a “c”

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Cruzheckler – Racist.

grantway
    Free Member

Very sorry to hear Fella.
    Just how much you be down through the damage of your frame you sold.

epicsteve
    Free Member

sbz = idiot

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Am I? Really? I’m not the one who left the garage door open when I went out.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

can you afford a house with a garage?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

What’s that got to do with anything?

sambob
    Free Member

Hole > SBZ.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

if you cannot then how could you leave a door open you do not own?

donsimon
    Free Member

I think you’ll find chaps thar SBZ has found an opening.

My daugher took her new BMX out today which she is totally over the moon with and in her excitement left the garage door open.

And

I’ve tried to cuddle her and explain that leaving the garage open is an easy thing to do when you rush, are excited, thinking about other things etc

But rather than sympathise, he’s chosen to exploit it in full knowledge of how people will react.
    That is a troll and gentlemen, you’ve been trolled. 😀

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

😉

rob-jackson
    Free Member

a troll is meant to be a wind uo merchant – sbz is a ****

donsimon
    Free Member

You would appear to be a little wound up and I wouldn’t disagree with your second comment either. 😈

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘SCUM!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.