Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Scott genius LTD on the 'bay – seems suspect.
  • mrlugz
    Free Member

ebay link

Appears to me that the owner has not a clue on this bike, hence the set up, and me thinking it may not actually be his?

warpcow
    Free Member

Plenty of people who ride bikes know nothing about bikes. Some have bigger wallets than others.

jim25

Regardless of its state, who wouod buy that at £4,700!!!

jimc101
    Free Member

The bike would be OKish if was realistically priced (i.e. move the decimal point back one)

As it is, massively optimistic it will get sold, almost 10 years old, ancient tech, wrong wheel size, large size frame and weird spec.

Doubt it has ever been more off road than a bridleway.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I see no reason to suspect that it’s stolen (stolen bikes are normally cheap to get them out of the way). It is broken, however – the shock looks to have failed and so the suspension’s fully compressed.

medoramas
    Free Member

Bloody hell! What a bargain! 😯

mrlugz
    Free Member

Its the way the seat has been adjusted to compensate for the back end that made me think. Surely if you drop that kind of money (albeit a while ago) on a bike you may realise when the back end goes wrong and get it sorted?

🙂

PJM1974
    Free Member

The highly speculative pricing of some secondhand MTBs does amuse me. Clearly a very proud owner is trying to recoup their ‘investment’.

The best way to make a small fortune out of a secondhand bike is to spend a large fortune on it in the first place.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Scott genius LTD on the 'bay – seems suspect.’ is closed to new replies.