Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • #scotstorm
  • scotroutes

OK – the house is now shaking!!

I’m rounding up torches, boots and waterproofs.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

If its any consolation its pretty breezy in Edinburgh area too. I’ve given up on sleep.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’ve just had a very fun drive home from work!

Glad we don’t have the kids trampoline any more.

scotroutes

106mph gusts recorded in Stornoway and I think they’re on their way here.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Not sure if I’ll have a workplace to go to in the morn. This is on the border of the so called dangerzone and it’s so noisy.. I canna sleep.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Its breezy alright , just been oot.

Its not bad though , its coming from the wrong direction here.

I was out in 86knots/98 mph last week in the middle of the north sea doing a human chain trying to get to the accomodation block due to a methane alarm, that was fooking wild.

Its no worrying me yet.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Scotroutes was about for a vox pop with the news earlier 🙂

Drac

Seems it’s blarn a hooly oot there still this am. Strong winds make next year’s firewood.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Our power is flickering.

Fires on

Power better not go off , i have lots of stuff to spray paint later….spent ages prepping it last night grrr

NZCol

Very wild on way back from Glasgow to Edi last night and like sleeping beside a jet engine.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Wild wind last night in Lochgilphead but the roof is still on the hotel I’m in so that’s a blessing.

Seems relatively calm now.

piemonster

Sigh…..another visit to that stationary bicycle in the garage

BenjiM

Tough headwind on the way to work this morning, at least I won’t have to do so much resistance training tonight 😉

legend
    Free Member

Buying a house on top of a hill no longer seems like it was a great idea

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

My cat got scared but my trampoline is still there.

I rate it medium.

StirlingCrispin

My weather station recorded a gust of 62 km/h.
    This beat the previous high of 50 km/h.

Pretty breezy for the middle of a low lying housing scheme in Stirling.

(Trampoline still in position but the wheely bin went for a walk)

trail_rat
    Free Member

“Buying a house on top of a hill no longer seems like it was a great idea”

Why is it made of straw ?

ojom
    Free Member

Yeah we get it fairly enthusiastically in Sw Edinburgh. That plus baby feeding through the night leaves me wondering if I went to bed at all…

scaredypants

aww, where’s the picture of the wheelie bins ?

🙁

Smudger666

There’s a bit of a blow in fife – spent the night wondering how many more greenhouse panes would shatter, and how many of the recycling bins would be In Situ – that’ll teach me to leave recently empty black plastic bins round the back garden.

Can’t face the traffic through Perth with both bridges closed so think I’ll have an office day today.

joshvegas
    Free Member

The euro bins haven’t started trundling down liethwalk yet.

onehundredthidiot

Wee bit blowy in the borders. I’ll get OH to talk to the parkies see what trees are getting chopped, I’ll be down this pm to volunteer to clear the debris.

yetidave
    Free Member

bits of the garage roof now in the driveway, someone’s chimney now waiting on the next bus, (bus stop didn’t survive), and we have the most annoying waste pipe, which is just flexible enough to tap on the flashing all night…no sleep. Now the OH just text to say the shed roof is looking a bit flappy. 🙄

lemonysam
    Free Member

It’s a bit blustery down near Newcastle too. I’m trying to decide if a 50mph tail wind on the ride in would make up for the head wind on the way home or if I shold sack it off and get the train.

franksinatra

Rabbit hutch blown over and only one of the two rabbits has returned so far. Now have one lonely looking rabbit and three very upset children.

yetidave
    Free Member

Rabbits are very sociable, if its able, it will return. Good luck.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

All kinds of wheeliebin to car interface going on last night.

Neighbours need a new fence.. That balsa panelled Wikes thing stood no chance.

Where’s my bird table?

duckman

On the other side of the motorway from Trail Rat, I am pleased to state that my self fitted chimney pot is still intact. However if anybody can tell me where you can buy a new food recycling bin I would be grateful!

legend
    Free Member

trail_rat – Member

Why is it made of straw ?

Strangely enough no. It is however somewhat devoid of any shelter, so seems to get battered a lot more than my old place #firstworldproblems

debaser

zombie christmas tree apocalypse!

was overtaken by one at some traffic lights the other night and rounded a corner to a shuffling horde of them advancing upon me this morning… fortunately they decided to attack a nearby parked car instead.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Ive gained some conservatory…… I guess tht means a neighbour has gained a water feature 🙂

Which motorways that duckman 🙂

bigjim

ooh I’m tired today

That plus baby feeding through the night leaves me wondering if I went to bed at all…

I’ve never noticed your breasts before!

Northwind

I looked out and saw 2 wheelybins and a bunch of food bins and recycling boxes harassing my car. I was going to go out and chase them off but they looked like they might turn on me so I hid under the bed til they’d gone. Bins these days are positively feral

It’s weird on campus, doesn’t seem to be many big trees over (we lost loads last year so maybe explains that) but absolutely every tree seems to have dropped a single big branch. It’s like they colluded- “Right lads, we’ve spoken to the Met Office and apparently we need to get 10,000 tons of dead tree lying on roads and paths tomorrow. But instead of asking for volunteers like we did last year, we’re going to share the blow”

wwaswas

incalculable damage here in the south;

duckman

I’m in Craigo T-R. Road into Montrose was shut this morning,hopefully whoevever is sawing down the tree blocking it will cut it into bits that will fit in a trailer easily enough. 😀

BoardinBob

I’m wondering how much trail damage has been done 🙁

footflaps

I’ll be donating to the Red Cross. Scenes like that make my heart bleed…..

bencooper
    Free Member

I just got a phone call from someone in Essex who’s Rohloff Brompton has been in the car boot all night, and the car has been underwater. He’s not worried about the car, more worried about harm to the Rohloff.

Here in Glasgow disappointingly uneventful – OH did suggest I should go outside and tie the birdfeeder down last night, but survived without my help.

hatter

tell me about it, I had to retrieve the lid of my recycling bin from a whole 2 feet away.

Oh the humanity!

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Couple of trees down on the A 70 between Edinburgh and Ayr. On the ferry now to Belfast but it seems to have calmed down a good bit.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘#scotstorm’ is closed to new replies.