Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 127 total)
  • Scotland chief medical officer
  • Woody
    Free Member

Interesting that Matt Hancock ignored the question a few minutes ago as to whether he had visited his second home, assuming he has one!

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I’m not sure Earlsferry has any actual locals – maybe up the coast either side a bit, but it is pretty much 100% Embra weekend holiday homes.

There will be the cleaners and the people running the corner shop etc

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

She did it twice, she should be leading by example, immediate sacking, no one is irreplaceable.

scotroutes

If she wasn’t much worried about the security of her house in Fife before, she certainly will be now.

falkirk-mark

Just watched her on the telly she didn’t leave any humble pie for anyone else.

epicyclo

Storm in a teacup.

kcr
    Free Member

Storm in a teacup.

Do you think it is essential for everyone to observe the lock down rules?

SuperScale20
    Free Member

Absolute disgrace the chief medical officer of a country breaking there own rules, she needs to stand down but It wont happen in Scotland.

scotroutes

She will be stepping back from public speaking but there could be no stronger way of emphasising the seriousness of her own advice this than she resign from her role.

701arvn
    Free Member

… immediately after Prince Charles does the same

She can go right after Charlie, but not before.

project
    Free Member

Local police have had a word with her, probably just Hello.

Rumour has it she was visiting the Local 5G mast just to make sure nobody had switched it on.

tjagain

Why won’t it happen in Scotland superscale?

I thought Sturgeons answer was pretty good. Something we are now used to here – politicians with detailed and nuanced answers and not policy by kneejerk

oldtennisshoes

<emThere will be the cleaners and the people running the corner shop etc
    Nah, they just drive in from Elie and Pittenweem.

SuperScale20
    Free Member

Why I dont think it would happen in Scotland because the politicians will most likely support her and for sure Sturgeon said we all make mistakes – Ok. lol

tjagain

Superscale – what knowledge do you have of Scottish politics? Do you live up here?

redmex
    Free Member

Super scale 20 has a point wherever he lives, the ex finance secretary although suspended is probably still getting full pay and perks as he is under medical supervision so he doesn’t lose his gold plated pension

SuperScale20
    Free Member

what knowledge do you have of Scottish politics? Do you live up here?

No I live in London in the week, Yorkshire on weekend. My knowledge of Scottish Politics I read whats in the media like most people.

Woody
    Free Member

TJ I dont think the reaction comes under the term ‘knee jerk’. Its such a blatant disregard of a key part of the strategy that I don’t think there is any coming back.

If she stays, it sends out completely the wrong message and will be used whenever there us an attempt at enforcement.

epicyclo

kcr

It’s a manufactured controversy. She was stupid, but this was nowhere near as bad as Prince Charles travelling to his holiday home while actually suffering from the disease.

When Prince Charles also gets a reprimand from the Scottish police, I’ll agree with you.

When the photographer who tailed her to get the photo also gets a reprimand from the Scottish police, I’ll agree with you.

Meanwhile the entire UK cabinet is not exactly innocent in this regard either, yet there’s no outrage there either.

So manufactured storm in a teacup, yes.

kcr
    Free Member

So manufactured storm in a teacup, yes.

I’ll ask the same question.

Woody
    Free Member

It was not manufactured. She was caught red handed. As for Prince Charles, that was also indefensible.

imnotverygood

The point about Charles is that firstly, he isn’t the person who has been put in front of the public to represent the honest, expert & informed side of the government’s response to this. Additionally he didn’t go to Balmoral in secret: it was widely reported he was there which implies he didn’t think he was doing anything wrong (ok I know). Whereas she absolutely knew it was wrong & did it anyway. I think it’s a real setback to fighting the virus in Scotland.

epicyclo

kcr
    I’ll ask the same question.

Did you miss the bit where I said she was stupid to do it?

tjagain

So none then Superscale – its pretty obvious.

I am not defending her at all. ~What I am saying is I thought Sturgeons press conference nuanced and she avoided a knee jerk reaction.

its bad politcss from the medical bod tho – thats for sure

epicyclo

imnotverygood
    The point about Charles is that firstly, he isn’t the person who has been put in front of the public to represent the honest, expert & informed side of the government’s response to this.

He’s even worse because he took a whole retinue with him, then apparently had a team flown to him to do the test, and a bed especially reserved for him in case it was needed.

The royals purportedly are supposed to be an example to the rest of us, but of course their shit don’t stink, so it’s ok, is it?.

tjagain

As epicclo says – where is the outrage over westminster actually ignoring the rules as Johnson did, catching it and spreading it around?

There is no harm done here – just stupidity exposed.

Once again its something being used as a stick to beat Sturgeon with.

scotroutes

Anyone in any doubt at all about what should happen here needs to watch the very first 5 minutes of The Thick of It. 

redmex
    Free Member

It’s nothing to do with blaming Nicola Sturgeon it’s the blatant obvious disregard to us that are following the rules

big_n_daft
    Free Member

When the photographer who tailed her to get the photo also gets a reprimand from the Scottish police, I’ll agree with you.

True Scottish politics, stop the free press for reporting facts! Not sure if even Hungary has gone that far yet.

tjagain

Like Johnson, Hancock, sundry other Westminster politicos, Johnsons dad, prince Charles and his retinue, etc etc – all of whom have directly caused harm – whereas this has not.

Do the comparison.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

She is bound to be extra upset because she probably filled the freezer ready for the Easter weekend

big_n_daft
    Free Member

whereas this has not

How do you know? Were you there?

tjagain

Big and daft – so its OK for the press to break the rules in your book?

Now come on – where is the outrage about Johnson and the rest of the plague marys in cabinet who flaunted the guidance and actually spread the disease around? where is the outrage about Charles who knowing he had symptoms moved himself and his retinue into a small rural community?

scotroutes

Has she gone yet?

slackalice
    Free Member

For any Chief Medical Officer or anyone who is supposedly more in the know than the commoners, does it not create a flicker of doubt in the official line?

epicyclo

big>n_daft
    True Scottish politics, stop the free press for reporting facts! Not sure if even Hungary has gone that far yet.

So a qualified medic who understands the risks cannot decide her actions under the guidance (not rules), but it’s ok for a member of the press tailing her to ignore them? Sounds like Yoon logic.

AD

I really hope the photographer carrying out this ‘public service’ gets their collar felt too.
    tbh I’m not even convinced the story is currently in the public interest (no issue with dealing with after the current lock down).
    Nice to see the Sun fearlessly exposing hypocrisy though. I’m hoping they turn their new found reporting expertise to funding in the NHS over last 10 years or suspected Russian involvement in Brexit or similar…

footflaps

As the Chief Medical Bod, she should a) know the rules, b) know she has to set an example, c) know they apply to her. Appalling behaviour and an appalling example to set, I don’t see how she can stay on with any credibility.

tjagain

Soon I reckon

tjagain

For any Chief Medical Officer or anyone who is supposedly more in the know than the commoners, does it not create a flicker of doubt in the official line?

Johnson? Hancock? where is the outrage over them spreading the virus around westminster by flouting the rules and at the same time denying the staff there any protection or allowing them to leave the building?

any of you putting the boot in care to address why you didn’t on this aspect?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘Scotland chief medical officer’ is closed to new replies.