Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Schwalbe Evo
  • gavrobb
    Free Member

I thought that the EVO’s were TLR always as a rule, seems I am wrong – no snakeskin, no TLR on the side, I lose track of all these new ‘standards’,

. Just put it on a Stans rim and stuck a bit extra liquid latex in to be on safe side, seemed no bother…..

What’s the difference / does it really need to be TLR tyre to work here?

Crell
    Free Member

Evos are the triple compound rubber. They work fine on Stans. No idea what TLR is though!

the_lecht_rocks

Tubeless ready.. Superbly easy to mount onto stans rims..

gavrobb
    Free Member

Cheers – I assumed (wrongly) that the EVO’s always came as top spec and all the acronym’s were generally then included so I was surprised to find them non TLR (TubeLessReady and not TheLechtRocks…)

TLR’s are indeed Superbly Easy to mount – one of the reason’s why I am a recent Schwalbe (and Stans) convert – but these NN’s were also dead easy to my surprise, blew up and just popped on holding a seal still a couple hours later.

VERY unlike some of the ghetto tubeless conversions I’ve done in the past (Conti’s). Seems to work just fine – should I be worried or will they run ok and as per a normal TLR?

gavrobb
    Free Member

Think they will be more prone to burping?

ratherbeintobago

I thought that the EVO’s were TLR always as a rule, seems I am wrong – no snakeskin, no TLR on the side, I lose track of all these new ‘standards’,

I thought all Schwalbe EVO tyres were either TLR or UST; maybe they’ve stopped saying so on the non-UST ones?

skeetsgb
    Free Member

the NN evo are tubless ready tyres. (i have one and it says it on the side also)

gavrobb
    Free Member

No TLR logo or at least not the usual bold white labelling but it went on as easy as a TLR. I’ll check the small print on the side (was it ‘small’ print skeetsgb?)

Hey – I’ll run it and see and report back in a day or so.

gavrobb
    Free Member

No problems at all…

Thanks for the help all.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Schwalbe Evo’ is closed to new replies.