Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • SC Highball or Kinesis FF29
  • grantyboy
    Free Member

Thinking about adding a HT to the fleet, currently ride a Nomad so I’ve got the burley FS covered. So I’m looking to add a more XC orientated stead to the fleet.

Do I keep with the SC brand and add a Highball alloy, or should I buy British made and get the FF29 which does have a better spec for £100 less.

Also I’m 5’8″, what size should I be looking at or should I forget the 29ers and stick 26″ and get an On One Whippet or the likes

mattjg
    Free Member

I rode a friend’s FF29 for a short ride on familiar trails yesterday, it’s very fast (because it’s stiff and efficient) but I found it pretty harsh in the back end. FF comes at a price. The tyres were not excessively hard, though it did have a Thomson post which are pretty rigid. I’m your size, medium is your size.

Can’t comment on the Highball.

29s make brilliant hardtails IMO.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Again, I can’t speak for the High Ball, but my FF29 is excellent.

It is stiff, but that’s why it’s so fast. I don’t find mind too bad for rides of up to 4 hours and that’s with a Thomson post in there too.

shortcut

Happy Highball owner here. With competent handling, singlespeedable drop outs and good looks I have ridden numerous trail centres, Peaks, Surrey Hills, XC and local trails roughly 2,500 miles in all and it still puts a smile on my face.

Not bored yet!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘SC Highball or Kinesis FF29’ is closed to new replies.