Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)
  • SC Bronson with 26'' wheels and 26'' fox 36 float
  • wrecker
    Free Member

I cannot believe that jungle haven’t reduced the blur ltc. SC have been blowing them out at massively reduced costs; a clear indication that its to be discontinued. Then again, it is jungle we’re talking about. I do like SC bikes but if I can’t get one from abroad, I’ll be buying something else next time.

http://shop.santacruzbicycles.com/sale/frames/blur-lt-2-with-float-ctd-bv-adjust-kash-1391.html

chakaping
    Free Member

blimey, they’re flogging the outgoing heckler frames for £350 with shock

that’s almost like getting a free frame with your shock in UK terms

greeble
    Free Member

Bronson

Bronson 26’er

Bronson comp

chiefgrooveguru

Do you mean 17.4 mm more? or am I being crap at maths…

Sorry, yes 17.4mm more!

wrecker
    Free Member

Bronson 26’er

Is that a photoshop job?

greeble
    Free Member

Bronson 26’er

Is that a photoshop job?

yes. I had a spare 5 minutes.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I cannot believe that jungle haven’t reduced the blur ltc. SC have been blowing them out at massively reduced costs; a clear indication that its to be discontinued. Then again, it is jungle we’re talking about. I do like SC bikes but if I can’t get one from abroad, I’ll be buying something else next time.

They are not “Officially” reduced yet, I got mine on the know that it would be through some careful bargaining. So it’s not Jungle but SC. Also as it was dropped not long after having a revamp and normally SC frames don’t change for 2-3 years they could have a fair bit of stock.

Every time I do the maths including import duty and VAT the UK prices are within £200 of the US one which I would be happy to pay for UK support.

wrecker
    Free Member

yes. I had a spare 5 minutes.

You’re really quite good at it!

So it’s not Jungle but SC.

Did you click the link? SC are selling the frames for $1500!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Did you click the link? SC are selling the frames for $1500!

Yes I did, last week the message had not been sent out to the Dist here so I’m guessing the same goes for Jungle. Unless of course you know different?

The only reason I knew it was gone was I was checking something on the US site and couldn’t find it. – Nothing stops you asking for a discount. Why would anyone advertise cheaper if people are still buying full price, not like it’s suddenly a crap frame.

Houns

Sold!

Bronson 26″ it is then. *saves pennies*

However if I do buy a 27.5″ frame I will be helping manufacturers prove their popularity 😐 🙄

greeble
    Free Member

Sold!

Bronson 26″ it is then. *saves pennies*

and you get mud clearance for free!

wrecker
    Free Member

Why would anyone advertise cheaper if people are still buying full price, not like it’s suddenly a crap frame.

I completely agree (I own one and love it dearly), but it doesn’t stop bikes being blown out just for being last years colour. The LTc is now an old model and doesn’t even appear on the SC website as you said.

obelix
    Free Member

Sheep, the lot of you

Houns

For wanting a really nice bike/frame without daft wheel sizes and wanting to keep and use as much kit that I have already?

In that case; Baaaa

zelak999
    Free Member

I emailed Stif about availabilty today and got this reply:

‘The Bronson has been our best selling bike this summer! Santa Cruz’s
    combination of 650b wheelsize, 150mm travel, stiff carbon frame and VPP suspension has made one hell of capable bike, that is perfect for UK riders.
    There was a pretty hefty lead time on the frames due to its popularity but we are getting it down to around 8-10 weeks now.
    I know this is a bit of a wait but believe me, for a bike of this quality
    its well worth it! You’ll need to get your name down as quickly as possible
    to hold this lead time. We’ve got lots of these frames pre-ordered so your
    most likely to get one quickest from us!’

More 650b propaganda or maybe just a popular sought after bike???
    Baaaaaaaa

Rik
    Free Member

I’d have a Bronson in a second – lovely looking bike with sorted geometry.

But and it’s a massive but!

It’s over £2800 for a frickin’ frame once you factor in the upgraded kashima shock that doesn’t come as standard!!!

Where do they get the prices from and what normal person can afford to pay nearly £3k for a frame……

zelak999
    Free Member

The ally frame is sorted too £1799 for a frame and non kashima shock is pretty average for a decent frame these days.

Rik
    Free Member

So over £2k with the kashima shock for a full alloy frame – is still top end.

That’s the same price as a Nicolai which people always cite as being mega bucks.

timmys

Greeble – re. photoshoppery

Did you scale the “26” wheels down based on the numbers 26 and 27.5? If so I think your images will have overestimated the difference as 650b is not actually 27.5 in real life. In your images the difference in wheel size looks a lot bigger than other 26,27.5,29 comparison images I’ve seen. I’m probably over analysing your bit of fun to be honest!

wrecker
    Free Member

That’s the same price as a Nicolai which people always cite as being mega bucks.

He’s right you know.

honourablegeorge

Rik – Member

Nicolais are much nicer though

wrecker
    Free Member

I’d still have the Bronson personally. I likes VPP.

chakaping
    Free Member

£1799 for a frame and non kashima shock is pretty average for a decent frame these days.

£1,300 to £1,500 for an alu frame with kashima shock is more like average innit?

Not that I’m bothered about the Kashima bit anyway, but others seem to be.

zelak999
    Free Member

I’m with wrecker

wrecker
    Free Member

£1,300 to £1,500 for an alu frame with kashima shock is more like average innit?

SB66 = £2000
    Tracer 275 = £1800
    Turner Burner = £1895
    SC Bronson alu = £2020
    Nicolai ION 16 (no shock = £1995

I don’t think breaking the £2000 barrier for an alu frame is a good idea.

chakaping
    Free Member

You’ve just picked all the overpriced brands though!

😉

(apart from Turner and Nicolai whose warranties might justify it)

wrecker
    Free Member

An orange 5 is £1700 with kashima!!!

greeble
    Free Member

Greeble – re. photoshoppery

Did you scale the “26” wheels down based on the numbers 26 and 27.5? If so I think your images will have overestimated the difference as 650b is not actually 27.5 in real life. In your images the difference in wheel size looks a lot bigger than other 26,27.5,29 comparison images I’ve seen. I’m probably over analysing your bit of fun to be honest!

@timmys

no, no scaling involved. overlayed the 26″ nomad over the bronson and made sure the components such as seatpost, saddle, cranks etc were all the same size which they were. I just used the nomad’s wheels and fork. and moved the frame relative to how the wheels sit

timmys

no, no scaling involved. overlayed the 26″ nomad over the bronson and made sure the components such as seatpost, saddle, cranks etc were all the same size which they were. I just used the nomad’s wheels and fork. and moved the frame relative to how the wheels sit

ah! clever 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

An orange 5 is £1700 with kashima!!!

Orange are probably not the best example of reasonable pricing.

If I wanted a frame-only I’d be looking at Nukeproof, Cotic, Mondraker – but I will grant you that prices seem to have gone up £100 or £200 since I was last shopping a year or so back.

chestrockwell

Orange are probably not the best example of reasonable pricing.

From what I can see above the 5 frame price seems to be less then the others quoted, even with Kashima.

SB66 = £2000
    Tracer 275 = £1800
    Turner Burner = £1895
    SC Bronson alu = £2020
    Nicolai ION 16 (no shock = £1995

Don’t let that get in the way of the often mentioned STW ‘fact’ that the 5 is way over priced.

chestrockwell

I emailed Stif about availabilty today and got this reply:

‘The Bronson has been our best selling bike this summer! Santa Cruz’s
    combination of 650b wheelsize, 150mm travel, stiff carbon frame and VPP suspension has made one hell of capable bike, that is perfect for UK riders.
    There was a pretty hefty lead time on the frames due to its popularity but we are getting it down to around 8-10 weeks now.
    I know this is a bit of a wait but believe me, for a bike of this quality
    its well worth it! You’ll need to get your name down as quickly as possible
    to hold this lead time. We’ve got lots of these frames pre-ordered so your
    most likely to get one quickest from us!’

Was talking to a chap at Stif about the whole 650b/29er/26er nonsense the other week. He said he’d not been sure but after riding the Bronson he was sold. Said it wasn’t defo because of the wheel size, more that it’s a very well sorted bike.

wrecker
    Free Member

From what I can see above the 5 frame price seems to be less then the others quoted, even with Kashima.

True, but to compare the prices you’d have to believe that the 5 is comparable with those listed; which some don’t.

chakaping
    Free Member

Don’t let that get in the way of the often mentioned STW ‘fact’ that the 5 is way over priced.

It’s just the least overpriced out of those lot.

😀

LAT

It’s just the least overpriced out of those lot.

Perhaps less least overpriced when you account for the lack of import duty and customs fees. That said, I imagine the going rate for welders in Halifax is higher than in Taipei. Though tat is an assumption. The only Taiwanese people I’ve met seem to be doing ok.

I have to ask, what happens if the 26″ wheels and forks ruin the ride of the Bronson? What if it really is all about the wheels?

wrecker
    Free Member

Perhaps less least overpriced when you account for the lack of import duty and customs fees.

..And R&D and race team sponsorship and overseas shipping. Don’t get me wrong, I like Orange and would love an Alpine as a gravity bike.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If you compare like with like the Heckler is £1350 so probably about £1500 with Kashima.

martinxyz
    Free Member

I have to ask, what happens if the 26″ wheels and forks ruin the ride of the Bronson? What if it really is all about the wheels?

It’s like my thoughts on putting a 26 on the rear of a tallboy ltc and a 650 up front with the fork length tweaked to match. Knowing that the bb height would be fairly low I would still love to try it.

Riding a fully rigid pace with a bb height of around 11 inches will have no doubt got me sorted re: the rock clearance problem that awaits.. but going back a bit, what if it turns out the 26 inch wheel feels better on the bronson? LOL (sorry, I hate the use of LOL but I had to)

martinxyz
    Free Member

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Did you ended up doing this OP? Would be interested in the results?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘SC Bronson with 26'' wheels and 26'' fox 36 float’ is closed to new replies.