Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Save the National Media Museum in Bradford
  • MrOvershoot

I know many of you are into your photography etc so I thought this might be of interest?

Easy peasy petition HERE

Dales_rider
    Free Member

I think I might start a petition, to have a Dam built at Shipley just south of the Station.

Philby

Signed – if ever a city needs continued investment it’s Bradford!

Simon

Done and shared on Facebook.

rhbrhb
    Free Member

This also affects MOSI Manchester and the Rail Museum in York. All threatened with closure to help keep London based Museums running allegedly.

wl
    Free Member

Though I really hope it doesn’t come to it, Manchester and York can afford to lose a museum. Bradford certainly can’t. Well worth supporting. Done.

spchantler
    Free Member

Manchester and York can afford to lose a museum

i wouldn’t say that, yes maybe a museum about tubular bandages but not the national railway museum and the museum of science and industry! 2 of the best days out in their respective cities, ditto bradford. not sure if a petition on the internet is the way forward tho

Harry_the_Spider

Manchester and York can afford to lose a museum.

Really. And where did you get that info-nugget from?

project
    Free Member

unlikely theyll close, just be volunteer staff, and some redundancies, there is also the case for charging admission fees, but the overheads of charging usually wipe out the charge.

Quite a few museums run with limited staff and lots of volunteers, jsut look at the preserved railways.

project
    Free Member

Who or what is this Thatcher you speak of………

Bregante

Right. I’m definitely not voting conservative next time.

philfive
    Free Member

One has to go and I want MOSI to survive.

thepurist

Signed – they exhibited one of my pix a few years back so are clearly worth saving.

ianv
    Free Member

If I had to choose one of the three to go it would be the Media museum. Its a bit crap in comparison to the others, and I live in Bradford.

A Thatcher museum though would be a travesty.

cranberry
    Free Member

Read this… then gather your pitch forks.

Perhaps you are accidentally missing the point that the Thatcher museum will be paid for and run with private funds – conservatives being rather less inclined to spaff other people’s money around like drunken sailors on shore leave.

Harry_the_Spider

Not missing the point at all.

While the country is on its arse somebody, with the blessing of our leader, is prepared to spunk £15,000,000 on a museum to Thatcher, and at the same time these places that inspire and are held in awe by our kids are under threat.

FuzzyWuzzy

Presumably if these places were actually worth saving they’d be financially viable from ticket sales?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Save the National Media Museum in Bradford’ is closed to new replies.