Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Sasha or Digweed? which be the finest (frame)set?
  • tangent
    Free Member

Obviously IMO both would be made from the (wheels of) steel…
    altho' maybe not?…

freeridenick
    Free Member

Carl Cox – circa 92.

pomona
    Free Member

Neither.

Derrick May is God

Frankers
    Free Member

Neither!!

It has to be Top Buzz, Carl Cox, Ellis Dee, Groverider….again 92

andy7t2
    Free Member

i'd go for todd terry or bob sinclair

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

Sasha is shit hot but so is john digweed 🙂 Monkey mafia also!

BoardinBob

Sasha or Digweed 😆 Prog'd right out their nuts

Jeff Mills FTW

Mister-P
    Free Member

Sasha just takes it I reckon. Could quite easily lose a few hours to either of them though.

darrell
    Free Member

i prefer the system 7 duo, but sasha is pretty good as well

squin
    Free Member

Digweed – particularly early to mid 90s.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Sasha for me.

mah05
    Free Member

used to like them both but i think james zabiela is the best at the mo

andywarner
    Free Member

i used to love both of em as a teenager but then i realised booze and rock music beat that scene hands down. 😮

naokfreek
    Free Member

They are both utter, utter shite.

Derrick May is God

His sets are mental..any of the Detriot or Chicago boys are tip top

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Bukem, Bryan Gee or Dave Angel (not the eco warrior) I'd say.

wrightyson
    Free Member

swedish house mafia!!

noteeth
    Free Member

DJ Si House, at Balch's Summer Palace circa 2001. 😉

zbonty

FoR generally rocking it across multiple genres it has to be Weatherall doesn't it?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Hernan Catteneo FTW…

Having said that The Rennasiance Mix Collection Vol1 – Is still one of the finest albums of our time.

tangent
    Free Member

agree about Weatherall … still unsure often used too enjoy Sahsa & Digweed playing in Lakota on the same night.

Kinda prefer DiY Jack & co. tho' dunno.

noteeth — yeah Housey on the Hill!…& bontragers all over the place briliant and now too long ago also!

nicko74

Monkey mafia also!

Good call that!

Personally I think Steve Lawler, but then I'm a bit different 🙂

UNDERGROUND RESISTANCE!

Every time.

mboy
    Free Member

Digweed bored the arse off me!

But then again so did Sasha most of the time… Though I have been at 2 gigs he did that were pretty spot on. But that was probably cos they were a LOT less Prog than normal!

Best set I ever saw was Ritchie Hawtin back in 2001 at Amnesia in Ibiza, WAY back before he started getting really minimal and boring. He absolutely destroyed the place with a mind blowing mix of banging techno and blissed out paradise! Then on came Sven Vath with a 3 hour stomper the most pumping techno ever! Fackin' awesome…

Most of the top breaks DJ's are all pretty good showmen IMO too. Plump DJ's never fail, Stanton Warriors will always entertain, Adam Freeland is just awesome, Evil 9 are mind blowing, and Krafty Kuts… Well, what Krafty Kuts can't do to wow a crowd doesn't make for a long read! The guy is mental!!! He mixes, scratches, cuts, loops, samples and remixes on the go, with the most eclectic selection of tunes, and puts it all together seamlessly. He's also a proper nice guy, really down to earth… I met him briefly after a gig a few years back, a couple of weeks after he did a Radio 1 Essential Mix. Mentioned I'd heard his mix on Radio 1 and he was really surprised, when I said how good I thought it was he seemed quite embarrassed! Very modest bloke and a top DJ…

duntmatter
    Free Member

I'd rather not choose between them. In fact, I don't have to. The Northern Exposure series is as good as DJ CD mixes get. Here's a wee snippet of the first one. If you know it, you know what I'm saying. If you don't, explore..

More here.

naokfreek
    Free Member

UNDERGROUND RESISTANCE!

Oh yes 😉

yunki
    Free Member

all that prog'd out… epic twoddle was a load of self indulgent guff.. virtually unlistenable unless you had taken lots of really good acid and smoked a hefty bag of skunk…

sasha best mix was without doubt the live set from the universe rave at bath maybe? in '91 or '92..
    slip slidy vocal US garage and house.. all picked from god knows where and sounding as fresh and most of all..FUNKY and SOULFUL as anything.. topped off with a very happy MC purelove toasting some of the most original.. silly.. and inspirational toasts ever heard on an english dancefloor..

classic

chameleon78
    Free Member

Sasha & Digweed – Rennaisance Album – THE ORIGINAL AND STILL THE BEST DANCE 'COMPILATION'

Nowadays though – neither. Up until Sashas release of xpander he was awesome, a few years after xpander ie Wavy Gravy not really that good.

His Global underground Ibiza mix is awesome too, as are the Northern exposure.

Best dance mix of recent years for me – DAFT PUNK Alive 2007 – awesome, encore is brilliant as Bangalter plays some of his own tunes including the fantastic TOGETHER.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGMMlXlBaG4&feature=related

this is basically the encore CD from Alive 07

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Sasha or Digweed? which be the finest (frame)set?’ is closed to new replies.