Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Saracen – anyone know how to change the bushings?
  • HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

There seems to be a bit of lateral play in the upper swingarm bushing on my Kili Flyer. I can’t seem to undo the bolt through the linkage though?

I think it’s one of these

I’ve already taken the little M4 bolt out. So with an allen key inserted in the threaded end of the axle (on the right of the pic), it should undo the opposite way to normal, however my allen key just snapped off and pinged across the room.

Anyone got any advice??

I have quite a few hammers I could use if that helps…

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Also, someone linked to these bushings in a previous post about Saracen – anyone know if they fit?
    https://www.bearingboys.co.uk/BU-Type-Bearings/MBF1509BU-Split-Bearing-Bush–Flanged-17001-p

psycorp
    Free Member

From memory one of the pivots on the Ariel I used to have was VERY tight when I had to take it apart for bushing problems. So tight I was getting worried the bolt head would start to round.

Give it some more welly.

toppers3933
    Free Member

I vaguely recall it’s a lh thread. Have you called sportline and spoken to one of the tech guys?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I’ve not rung Sportline no, can’t see a number having just checked. Do they deal end customers?

Maybe this is an lbs job the first time around…

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I’ll see if I still have teh printed instructions that came with my Ariel, altho I suspect I sent them on when I sold the frame.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Saracen – anyone know how to change the bushings?’ is closed to new replies.