• This topic has 20 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by ton.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Salsa Duet
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

I nipped over to Big Al at Wheelcraft today to build the last piece in my bike build jigsaw.

The Vaya frame I found here following a wanted ad, many of the parts also came from the classifieds. I’ve recycled some bits from my spares box too.

The El Mariachi will be my bikepacking bike for Idaho.

With the exception of the frame and fork everything else was from the classifieds.

After a couple of spins around the block both feel great.

scandalous
    Free Member

gorgeous

mcmoonter
    Free Member

bencooper
    Free Member

That flooring is ace – from a school gymnasium?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

That flooring is ace – from a school gymnasium?

Yes.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Fantastic Pair..

I love my Salsa’s.

Thinking an El Mariachi to replace my ageing Cove.

Oh, and what Mounts are they on your Vaya’s Handlebars- I’m after advice on a Bar Bag.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

They are the mounts for my Arkel ‘bar bag. They have changed the design of the bag now but the mounting system is the same. Its a rock solid mount unlike the Ortlieb one which needs a cable strap to stop it dipping on the bars. They make two sizes. Mine is the big one, I can fit my iPad into it.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ekcaQ9wIts[/video]

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Cheers Peter.

I’ll see if I can find one somewhere!!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

The new ones are supposed to be fully waterproof. Mine never leaked but as insurance I put vulnerable stuff in an extra dry bag.

The video didn’t show an invisible front pocket. Mine also has a zipped pocket under the lid, the yellow liner is also zipped in so you can remover it in case you chocolate melts. Not an issue in Scotland but a bonus in Kansas mid summer.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

The El Mariachi’s looking good.
    How are you finding it?

ton

while the bag fitting conversation is in my mind, how do I fit my carradice bar bag to a set of jones loop bars? any idea’s anyone?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

The El Mariachi’s looking good.
    How are you finding it?

I’ve only had a spin around the block on it so far. I may cut the stem down a bit once I get my position sorted.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

while the bag fitting conversation is in my mind, how do I fit my carradice bar bag to a set of jones loop bars? any idea’s anyone?

Which model Carradice do you have Tony?

ton
    STATO
    Free Member

Given its a kickfix mount there are a bunch of alternative mounts available. The main issue would be the Loop bar might force you to mount the bag too far forward (or the loop might stop the top opening?). To fit an ortlieb to my tourer i used a SJS accessory bar, added extra bar space to fit the clamp, might suit in this application?

Northwind

Now you can dry your towels as you ride

Teetosugars
    Free Member

ton – Member
    carradry model Nick, like this one.

Nice!!

Think Stato has pretty much squared it away.. I’ve nothing I could add!! 😳

mcmoonter
    Free Member

http://builtbyswift.com/products/5

These guys make nice bags but they come with a niche hipster price tag.

Pickers

I found this a day or two ago – the chap fitted a cut down 2nd stem to the loop on a Surly Ogre – scroll down a bit… there’s some good pics of the arrangement.

Edit – some lovely bikes up there. Shouldn’t be looking at these

sheck

Good combination… I built a Vaya last year and love it, and couldn’t resits acquiring Elma in the recent silly season sale at Billys

ton

pickers…thanks for that, that will work.

if the bag were to be fitted on to a t thing like stato said, it would be snagged up in all the cables.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Salsa Duet’ is closed to new replies.