Home Forums Chat Forum Salad Cream Sandwiches

• This topic has 50 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by bfw.
Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Salad Cream Sandwiches
  • ThePinkster

A mountain of grated cheese (proper grated though with good extra mature cheddar, using the big chunky grater, not the fine arieyfairey angels hair type grater that Mrs.P insists on using for some reason) mixed with a similar amount of salad cream & salt to taste. Make it into a lovely smooth spread and fill sandwiches, bread rolls or scoop the seeds out of a chuck of cucmuber and stuff that with it.

MMmmmmmmmm….

binners

@ThePinkster – have you ever tried this stuff? Sounds like it’s right up your strasse. I bloody love the stuff! It’s pure filth! As the beetroot and salad cream combo has already been mentioned, this stuff combined with beetroot looks like a murder scene, but results in one of the finest butties known to man….

54FEED5F-A18D-4E5E-94A1-ED7D600ABDF2

ThePinkster

@binners – Cheers matey, I’ll be in Morrisons tonight so will look out for it. Sounds marvellous :o)

And a lot less effort!

brian2
    Free Member

I’m sure I can remember salad cream sandwiches with sugar sprinkled on…

joshvegas
    Free Member

Fish Finger and Salad Cream sandwich (standard sliced white) FTW.

Absolutely.

Anyone suggesting ketchup on anything is either a wrong’n or a child

binners

Absolutely! Lob a cheese single or two in there as well and you have fish finger butty nirvana

joshvegas
    Free Member

Stack a couple of potato waffles in while you’re at it.

binners

Why have I never thought of that before? I suppose hash browns would work too?

dyna-ti

I’m sure I can remember salad cream sandwiches with sugar sprinkled on

Not sure how those two would go together, but the sugar sandwich was quite the treat when at my aunties house.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Why have I never thought of that before? I suppose hash browns would work too?

Yes but not as well.

bfw

Remember Sandwich Spread?  Loved it

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.