Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Saint Tropez
  • fourbanger
    Free Member

Got a few months in the area from next week. Any cyclists down there?

fourbanger
    Free Member

OK. Anyone know about riding in southern France or on the italian border? It’s raining here if that’s any consolation!

scaredypants

post something on Juan’s mudguards thread – he’s a southern frenchie I think

fourbanger
    Free Member

Good call.

hofnar
    Free Member

Its lovely there to pedal inland most climbs not too steep notre dame des anges quite a bit harder. Good mountainbiking around as well. Becomes rubbish road riding when the tourists swap the place and clog uf traffic and ride you of the road my 5 cents

cchris2lou

it used to be location of Roc D Azur, biggest mtb race in the world , so plenty of trails .

look on velovert.com/forum ( if you can read french ) , should be plenty of riders down there .

wallop

Just avoid St Tropez itself I reckon – it’s not particularly nice. The surrounding area is far nicer. I’m a fan of St Maxime.

ianv
    Free Member

Buy the v topo guide ( var). There is some really good riding in the Maure, just inland. Also a downhill at St maxime.

ianv
    Free Member

There is a site 1001santiers, that is specific to the area. The guy who runs it wrote the v topo guide.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Cheers. I did spot a couple of DH bikes with number boards on a car today. I’ll check St Max and polish up my French for the boards. I’m based about 15km inland. Looks like good riding but not stopped raining since I pulled up!

andrewh
    Free Member

If roading is your thing have a look around Collibaries (sp?) really nice there and can easily be ridden to. Also, the area north of Nice isn’t too far away, great for both MTB and road, but a bit further to get to.
    Is it just me or does anyone else think Nice/Cannes/St. Tropez are really over-rated as towns? Lovely surroundings, but rubbish towns.

ianv
    Free Member

Collobrieres is good, gr from either south or north is fun. La garde freinet and bormes les mimosas also has stuff. The dh at St maxime is just off the d25, there is another at coglin somewhere.

Also, mont faron at Toulon has a cable car and some tracks. Foret de jenas at Toulon is an ace little play area.

Spent some time around that area last year. Had fun.

nasher
    Free Member

Tribe sport are based in Cogolin, just over from st tropez (they are frances main mtb distributor and own urge and the enduro series)

Great riding at the Roc (Frejus) you have Sospel and the Alpes Maritimes and then the best bit…the Italian side…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Saint Tropez’ is closed to new replies.