Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Saddle experts…?
  • Kryton57

So who makes, or what is the same as the OEM Giant Defy 3 2013 saddle? Its 143mm wide (my width) and looks as follows:

Its the most comfy saddle I’be ridden and I want to buy one for the other road bike. I have contacted Giant.

I’m interested in the expert knowledge of someone who can tell me whether its profile is rounded, straight etc, and anything else to try to source something the same.

Cheers

crikey
    Free Member

It looks like a Fizik Aliante versus saddle, or a copy thereof.

Kryton57

It doesn’t have the central Groove of the Aliante, – similar to a Charge Scoop?

crikey
    Free Member

Hmmm, maybe.

One alternative is to go to a Giant stockist and say ‘Sell me that saddle, please’

Kryton57

Tried that – they are OEM on the bikes, not on Giants product website for sale either.

TiRed

Fizik Aliante Versus VS (with groove). Higher Defys come with the Aliante as standard, although I swapped mine for an Arione. Still not as comfortable as the Flite Ti, but looks a little better, and one must suffer a little 😉

Kryton57

The fizik has the groove all the way along though…

TiRed

The Aliante has a bit of a groove at the back. Nothing at the front. That would be my guess. Best bit is you can go to a Fizik dealer, pay a deposit and ride away on a test version for as long as you want. Try that.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Hijack, I’ve a 143mm Spesh Phenom that doesn’t fit me (I’m a 130mm derrierre)

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Specialized Romin has a similar profile and comes in 143mm width.

This is the comfiest saddle I’ve ever riden on and are on all my road bikes.

Kryton57

Well, well well – its almost an exact copy of the Charge Spoon on my MTB, all the dimensions are exactly the same, even the under-nose plastic bit is the same shape, and the rear indent/V is the same length. It just doesnt have the stitching.

Anyone else use a charge spoon on a road bike?

thomthumb
    Free Member

Anyone else use a charge spoon on a road bike?

+3

don’t really give a chuff that its a mtb saddle; it’s comfy.

Kryton57

Just ridden the MTB – it doesn’t feel the same though of course the riding style / position is different.

I spose I could swap to the road bike before I buy another and see what happens…

toronte
    Free Member

It’s a Velo VL-1205 type of saddle. Same as Charge Spoon and many others. Mine has Velo imprinted on the bottom side and a VL-1205 sticker (stock Giant Defy 1 saddle).

Spud

Prologo Scratch is similar looking, comes in a 143.

Kryton57

I had a prologo scratch, and sold it.

Anyway, Giant have replied and I can buy the defy saddle from a dealer. But first I’ve 80k to ride tomorrow so I’m off home to move it to the fast bike for that particular test (its only been on 40k rides to date).

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Saddle experts…?’ is closed to new replies.