Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • S Max Roof Rails?
  • brassneck

Does anyone know if the S Max ever had roof rails as an option? Can’t seem to find any. I have a nice Thule roof rack for rails I’d like to reuse rather than sell, as I’m bound to lose money, but I’m not sure there was ever such thing.

Otherwise any recommendations for rails for a Panoramic roof? I still can’t figure out of the Thule kit uses the fixing points or not, which I ‘d like to use rather than a sill grab arrangement.

Harry_the_Spider

I bought Ford aerobars for mine a couple of weeks back (not panoramic, but they do make them) from the internet side of Bristol Street Motors. Reasonable price and they turned up without any issue. A bit of faff to set up and fit the first time, but now they are fine. They look OK and don’t make too much noise. Almost silent when the box is on.

I originally wanted ATERA ones but couldn’t find any stock at short notice.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen one with roof rails.

brassneck

Likewise, hence the question .. there seem to be loads advertised for S Max with roof rails, but I think it’s just internet advertising rubbish, trying to vcatch as many hits as possible..

Good to know about the For ones, they are about £50 than the ‘best’ I’d found so far (Whisperbars).. the Thule kit doesn’t seem to use the mountpoints which are there on the pano roof too which is a bit annoying.

GTDave
    Free Member

None of teh S-Max models has fixed rails as standard or as an option.
    Only the removable gutter-mount bars are available.

Shame, as my old Focus estate had permanent rails as factory fit, and I always found it damn handy as you could alter the bar positioning for various loads.

brassneck

Cool, cheers chaps. Going with the Ford aero bars, as alloy for £120 seems pretty good value. I’ll put the Thule stuff up for sale.

franksinatra

Keep your Thule bars and just get a new foot pack. I did this with my aero bars, they are fine on the smax. A cheaper option than buying a complete new set up.

The Thule foot pack for the smax doesn’t use sill grab. It bolts onto the roof using the fixing points currently hidden under a bit of plastic trim in the gutter Very secure and looks slick.

brassneck

The Thule foot pack for the smax doesn’t use sill grab. It bolts onto the roof using the fixing points currently hidden under a bit of plastic trim in the gutter Very secure and looks slick.

That’s handy to know, certainly didn’t look like it did that in any pictures of the pack. My old bars were a)pig iron and b)too narrow for the S Max, so I’ve gone for the Ford option and £70 change. probably would have bought the Thule though if I’d been a bit more patient though, everything I’ve had from them has been excellent.

DickBarton

Got a set of Thule aerobars and feet for an SMax – sitting in the garage…if anyone fancies them, make me an offer and cover postage – car was sold a couple of years ago…no idea what they are like as split a year ago and they are with all m other stuff in the garage!

They didn’t come with roof rails as far as I can remember.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘S Max Roof Rails?’ is closed to new replies.