Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Ruud, Rio and Phil your new MOTD team
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Should be thrilling….

Jamie
    Free Member

Phil and Rio should be ok. I would have liked to have seen Clarence instead of Ruud.

My biggest annoyance is that Danny Mills still inexplicably gets employed by the Beeb.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

What about Robbie? is he gone ?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

will be part of a team which will also include Alan Shearer, Robbie Savage and Danny Murphy

Nope rent a quote savage will still be there

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

The pundits are the reason why I watch this on playback and not live, I really don’t not understand the value of Mark Lawrensen/Alan Shearer et al explaining that the ball played through middle was perfectly weighted. Or that the goalie ought to have done better. 🙄 iw atche the football not the chat – I’ve Graeme Norton for that. 😕

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Alan Shearer et al explaining that the ball played through middle was perfectly weighted.

Honestly the footballing (geordie) genius that is big (baldy) Al can do no wrong

scandal42
    Free Member

Shearer is a ****

mikewsmith
    Free Member

beats listening to the former Liverpool when we won something lot 😉

Garry_Lager

Shearer was funny on MOTD – had this sort of half smile, like he knew it was all bollox but was trying not to burst out laughing that he was getting paid for it.

Phil Neville on MotD – that’s merciless from the BBC.

Rockape63
    Free Member

its true….why do we need these useless pundits? All they do is reduce the amount of football you are switching on to watch. They have a co commentator these days to add the comments rather than the commentary, which is enough for me thanks! 😥

muggomagic

I thought Stan Colleymore was joining the team too?

grum
    Free Member

They should get James Richardson and some of the other people off Football Weekly on. The quality of punditry in general is absolutely abysmal.

theotherjonv

I think when done well, the pundits really add to the understanding of the game that the armchair fan doesn’t necessarily see for themselves. Emphasis of course on ‘when done well’.

Unfortunately, on a mainstream TV show you need a/ to make it move fast enough to keep people interested, which in turn means you don’t analyse in any real depth; b/ you need ‘star names’ to do the analysis as opposed to someone most post-pub fans won’t have heard of but holds a UEFA Pro licence and who can really explain why someone heading off towards the corner flag when the goal’s clearly over there is actually being brilliant and hasn’t just lost his bearings temporarily.

Anyone see the Pierluigi Collina refereeing masterclass program just recently? Or the Ricky Ponting masterclasses on Sky cricket? I know they aren’t covering exactly the same subject but they were both superb at explaining the game or an aspect of it brilliantly. I’d happily watch a 3 hour MOTD with 2 hours devoted to analysis, but I’ve always been a bit geeky on understanding sport rather than just watching it.

Jamie
    Free Member

They should get James Richardson and some of the other people off Football Weekly on. The quality of punditry in general is absolutely abysmal.

They’re are BT, albeit doing the Euro stuff.

They get the much better Michael Owen to do the Prem 😐

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Has anyone watched the Michael Owen helicopter tour in Dubai?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uD-LjX_K9Cg[/video]

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Ruud, Rio and Phil your new MOTD team’ is closed to new replies.