Viewing 40 posts - 1,961 through 2,000 (of 4,700 total)
  • Rugby world cup
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Black? Black?

Aaaaargh!

donsimon
    Free Member

Morning, nice settling start there… 😀
    Nice shot looking over the stadium to the snow capped mountains.

donsimon
    Free Member

😆
    Running on to the passes apparently does work.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hymns and arias in Taranaki!

And, those new posts strike again!

donsimon
    Free Member

😆

donsimon
    Free Member

A good job, well done.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Happy with that. Good to see Namibia get a try as well! 🙂

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Sorry to digress from the Wales game (although they played well)….

Looking at he the Eng/Sco/Arg group there are several possibilities for qualification.

If Scotland beat England by more than 7pts and Argentina win without a BP then all three sides will have 14pts. On head-to-head this would rank Scotland above England, England above Argentina and Argentina above Scotland. (I’m assuming Scotland won’t get 4 tries in any scenario.) This would leave points difference as the decider so with Eng 79, Arg 32, Scot 18 (currently) that order is unlikely to change enough so Eng/Arg qualify.

If Scotland win by 7pts or less then England get 15pts and win the group and Argentina are second if they win whether or not they get the bonus point.

If Scotland win by more than 7pts and Argentina win with a bonus point then Argentina win the Group with Scotland second.

If Scotland lose they could still qualify but they’d need a bonus point and Argentina to lose by more than 7pts.

Think that covers it? 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Think so Namaste.

If Scotland win by more than 7pts and Argentina win with a bonus point then Argentina win the Group with Scotland second.

this is perfectly possible and wouldn’t half make me laugh.

Scotland going home is the most likely

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah, would be a shame. On current form England will trounce them though… but you never know with England Scotland eh?
    Couldn’t believe they let that Argie try in. I’ve never been tense during a Scotland game before!! That last 10 mins must have been murder for Scottish fans.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

*prepares to spend week worrying about Italy game*

Scotland exit leaves a free place in my top ten. 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Dez – we are used to it – sort of 🙁

DanW
    Free Member

I’m glad Wales pulled it together in the end! The end of the first half was starting to look iffy.

No-one had a bad game as such but Priestland seems to prompt Wales in to attack much better than Jones. Jones didn’t do too badly considering he’s been out for a while but how many interception passes does he throw?!

Plus, if Wales get any injuries to the wings then we now know we have cover in the form of Gethin Jenkins 😀

Pigface
    Free Member

Agree with Flash todays kit is awful.

Mongo looked very good which is always a suprise. Happy with that.

brakes
    Free Member

“While Eskimos may have 50 words for snow, Scots have more than 800 words for abject humiliation.”

pfffff

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

LOLz at CFH

Meanwhile Scotland’s top cricketers were asked to leave the Commonwealth Pool in Edinburgh after using it to deep fry a giraffe they had stolen from the local zoo.

Scotland won the world elephant polo championships – git it richt up ye

toys19
    Free Member

Yes wales in black, nearly as crap as england in black..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Scotland won the world elephant polo championships

Chelsea Highlanders…..

aracer
    Free Member

I’ll allow you that, given how much amusement all of us from your native land will get when we send your adopted country home.

toys19
    Free Member

aracer – Member

I’ll allow you that, given how much amusement all of us from your native land will get when we send your adopted country home.

Ssshhhhh. The fat lady hasn’t started singing yet.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Can resist no longer….*

gwaelod
    Free Member

what’s the score with Ireland’s group…is it a straight loser gets the bus home in the Ireland/Italy match

toys19
    Free Member

Nope Ireland are looking good, but it rests on the remaining performances of Italy and Australia. Italy still have to play USA and Ireland. Australia still have Russia to go.

Mathematical possibilities below at end of pool stages. Draw your own conclusions. Whilst the odds are in Ireland’s favour I would not bet the farm just yet if Italy do well against USA I imagine they will go into the Ireland game with high hopes. If they lose against USA then Ireland can lose to them and still go through.

Ire 13 poss 13 to 18
    Aus 10 poss 10 to 15
    Italy 5 poss 5 to 15
    USa 4 poss 4 to 9
    Russia 1 poss 1 to 6

aracer
    Free Member

Australia play Russia before Italy/Ireland? If Australia fail to get the BP (admittedly unlikely), wouldn’t a narrow win for Italy, with both scoring 4 tries be hilarious?!

toys19
    Free Member

Can losing side get 2 bp’s then? I had wondered if this was possible. So both sides score 4 tries and there is less than 7 points in it. Ire on 14 Italy on a poss 15, aus on 14. Home the wallabies would go….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Now that would be funny.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I would chuckle heartily. 🙂

toys19
    Free Member

Ahh look a unifying concept on the RWC thread, makes me all warm and fuzzy..

BlindMelon
    Free Member

While that would be funny, Ireland won’t slip up against Italy they will win well in order to stay in the easier side of the draw

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ireland shouldn’t slip up against Italy. Not a foregone conclusion though. Italy will have everything to play for.

Funniest thing about Ireland v Wales? The pre-match fight to be underdogs. 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

toys19 – Member
    Ahh look a unifying concept on the RWC thread, makes me all warm and fuzzy..

Hate to disappoint, yet again!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Funniest thing about Ireland v Wales? The pre-match fight to be underdogs

Beacoup de LULZ!

TimP
    Free Member

Toys, looks like you forgot our Canary Yellow friend Dez?

Since England played OK in the last game are you going to revert to being English or stay plastic Aussie till the end of the tournament? If so I haven’t seen anywhere near enough moaning about the ref in the Ireland game, or how the nasty Americans hurt you after the game was won and you were advancing fair etc

toys19
    Free Member

DezB sorry.. Northern hemisphere brotherhood. TBH I would rather get beaten by you guys than any northern hemisphere team. Despite the crowing when you win my experience of Aussies as good losers made me think they were OK.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Ireland shouldn’t slip up against Italy. Not a foregone conclusion though. Italy will have everything to play for.

Come on keep the faith man!

DaRC_L

my experience of Aussies as good losers made me think they were OK.

😯

The pre-match fight to be underdogs

Sounds like all cyclists – it’s the I’ve had a cold, my bikes not fettled etc… excuse.

The English supporting rules are:
    1) England
    2) Northern Hemisphere team if vs Southern Hemisphere
    3) The underdog (which does make Ireland v Wales tricky)

toys19
    Free Member

its true DaRC_L I posted about this a few days ago, the sledging aussies at met at the 2007 quarter finals, we all got peed off with them going on about how we had wasted out money coming to Marseille blah blah galah..
    But when we beat them they were mucho complimentary, bought many drinks and didn’t complain (much). I realised the pre match BS was jsut a game, and they want you to not take it too seriously, and give back as good as you get. There were thousands of people rammed into marseille that weekend, Aussies, Saffers, Welsh, English, 6 fijians, French and Kiwis. Didn’t see a single incident, not a single punch thrown, it was all good.

IdleJon

toys19 – Member
    But when we beat them they were mucho complimentary, bought many drinks and didn’t complain (much). I realised the pre match BS was jsut a game, and they want you to not take it too seriously,

That’s pretty much normal in any rugby game I’ve ever been to. Banter with the ‘enemy’ fans, go to the pub and talk about the game with them later.

That’s why I’ve been very puzzled about the English supporters on here and their strange attitudes (wrt Anybody But England). I’ve suspected that a lot of the people complaining about ABE have never been to a game in their life, never mind endured places like Sardis Road or Stradey. Or worse, had to put up with Ulster fans. Urrgh.

Didn’t see a single incident, not a single punch thrown, it was all good.

Again, that’s so normal in rugby that it’s barely worth commenting on. I’ve been going to live games since I had a schoolboy ticket in the 70s and I can only remember one fight.

aracer
    Free Member

3) The underdog (which does make Ireland v Wales tricky)

With Irish ancestry, and a Welsh neighbour, that one’s not tricky at all!

Viewing 40 posts - 1,961 through 2,000 (of 4,700 total)

The topic ‘Rugby world cup’ is closed to new replies.