Viewing 40 posts - 3,321 through 3,360 (of 4,076 total)
  • Rugby Thread 2017/18.
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bravo Ireland, far and away the team of the tournament.

Now, the important game. 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Celebrating the 6N championship in Twickenham. Special.

Clebrating a Grand Slam at the same time. Priceless.

tjagain

Mindmapo – its was never in doubt.

Farrell for me is good at what he does.  Its what he doesn’t do.  He lies so deep and static that by the time he passes the next player gets caught miles behind the game line.  How much good possession did he kick away – yes he created one try with a beautiful kick but he also kicked away good attacking ball 3 or 4 times, gave away a stupid penalty and most importantly does not create space outside him – instead he just uses up all the space.

He is a flat track bully in cricket terms as are england as a whole

anagallis_arvensis

That should never be a try!!

wrecker
    Free Member

Ok. This is bollocks.

anagallis_arvensis

If I cared I’d be lookingvto blame the forwards. Simmonds is a shit 8. Offers no go forward.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Why?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Copying and pasting with a rager, DD?

#tentpole

dantsw13

Ta, but he can still only look at 1 thing at a time. That article says SANZAR only, no not sure if we get the same here.

He still can’t see a clear knock on, or where Carney tackles May on the line round the neck, and he picks a very marginal high clear out by Daly, but can’t see the far worse original tackle.

dantsw13

PS – can we need not play Ireland on St Pats day next year please!! 😣

Tom-B
    Free Member

Right I’ll just say it (as much as I enjoy your overall contributions) TJ you have no idea at all what you’re talking about when it comes to fly halfs in rugby!!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Looking back, it was really Johnny’s drop goal that won the GS. None of the next four games looked in doubt.

anagallis_arvensis

Didnt go 10 until France gave up and wasnt sure about grounding on first watch….i was wrong though!

Carney

Its **** Kearney ffs

mindmap3
    Free Member

But havent they always been? Traditionally we’ve relied on a big pack and goal kickers; look how we rescued the 2007 WC against Australia.

Farrell is no means the best FH but he’s not as bad as you make out. But I do t think there’s many players that measure up to Russell in your eyes.

anagallis_arvensis

Great try!!

mindmap3
    Free Member

Looking back, it was really Johnny’s drop goal that won the GS. None of the next four games looked in doubt.

I agree and I think I most people do. Ireland’s accuracy under pressure is rather good and probably unrivalled in the NH.

They did give a few penalties away today but they were on the opposition ball, slowing things down etc. Whereas we’ve mastered the art of giving them away when we’re attacking.

Cracking try by France.

tjagain

TomB – i’ll find a pic later to show what I mean.  How many times did England create space in the backs?  How many times diud they get outside ireland?

Mindmap – thats the problem for me – england are still trying to play the game as it was not as it now is.

tjagain

Mindmap – Russell – world class for a few minutes each game!  If we could breed them we might get Farrells consistency with Russell skills – or we could get Russells consistency with Farrells skills * hides behind sofa at the thought*

gauss1777
    Free Member

Russell – world class for a few minutes each game!

Or throw enough wild wild balls until one reaches your man, then everyone says it was a pass of the millennium?

anagallis_arvensis

France playing well.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Mindmap – thats the problem for me – england are still trying to play the game as it was not as it now is.

But up until now it’s been very successful; back to back 6N’s including a grand slam, whitewashed Australia, beat Argentina away etc. My main concern is that they don’t / can’t adapt to what happens on the day. Today was another example; Ireland didn’t flood the breakdown as expected yet England didn’t bother carrying through the guts. That needs a lot of work.

tjagain

LOlz at Gauss.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Serge Betsen looks like he’s tackled a bus face first!!!

dantsw13

Jones post match interview “ a few have played their last England match”. Ouch – wonder who he means?

wrecker
    Free Member

That Falle is some player, best 15 of the tournament for me.

gauss1777
    Free Member

This is not going the way I’d hoped!

wrecker
    Free Member

Entertaining game though! Best of the day so far.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Best of the day so far.

Yeah, I’d be saying that too. 🙂

gauss1777
    Free Member

Argh

dantsw13

That missed kick by Trinh-Duc……..

anagallis_arvensis

Well that was tense!! AWJ immense.

gauss1777
    Free Member

😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well done Wales. You came second.

tjagain

Yup – I often don’t see what folk do see in AWJ but he was immense.  Wales turn to squeak thru.  Your turn to clench CFH / AA?

gauss1777
    Free Member

AWJ immense

But Jonny Gray would have made more tackles 😉

tjagain

Yup – goes without saying.  😉

anagallis_arvensis

Wales finish above Scotland in competitive games again….wonder if it’ll be reflected in World Rankings.

I often don’t see what folk do see in AWJ

Says a lot

scotroutes

Wales finish above Scotland in competitive games again….wonder if it’ll be reflected in World Rankings.

Scotland go back to fifth. Wales stay seventh.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Who’s in 2nd then?

tjagain

So who played themselves into a world 15 then?  Who increased their standing and who goes back to the training ground.

Improved maybe world class?

Scotland – Gray / Barclay?

Ireland –  Murray and Sexton?  Stockdale?  The whole team for theior cohesivness and reading of the game?

Wales – AWJ impressed today but I want to give a shout to 1/2p – his defensive positioning immense today

France – Fat bastard was immense.

Italy – Tomaso allen looked the part – not world class but surely he has made that Italy 10 shirt his.

England – did anyone really put in a good performance?  Robshaw worked very hard for not a lot.

Back to the training ground

Russell – to much shite amongst his genius

Townsend – too many selection errors

The whole England team 😉

Loopy Liam?   luck his hot headedness did not cost Wales more

Viewing 40 posts - 3,321 through 3,360 (of 4,076 total)

The topic ‘Rugby Thread 2017/18.’ is closed to new replies.