Viewing 40 posts - 2,601 through 2,640 (of 4,076 total)
  • Rugby Thread 2017/18.
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Homer = home advantage = giving everything to the home team.

#WelshRugbyTwitter

lycanthropefailed
    Free Member

Wonder if England will run the big lads at Watson again.

tjagain

If Scotland do not get an early lead England will win well.  If Scotland get that early lead its 50/50

IdleJon

#WelshRugbyTwitter

Hey, I was replying to the thick Englishman not to the smug Irishman. (Now how do I post that in a ‘no offence’ font?)

😛

anagallis_arvensis

I thought ( from fans comments) Earls legs had gone.

Earls has been decent recently to be fair. Shame we couldnt get North running at him too. Earls defence is on a par with Stef Evans…ie shit

and wouldn’t be homophobic at all.  Right?

No, it wouldnt be at all.

Homer as in home town/favours the home team

Kryton57

Someone needs <span class=”skimlinks-unlinked”>to look</span> up homer re refs.

And I did.  I had no idea so I humbly apologise to AA for the inference.

Now, time for a pre match cup of tea.  Beers off as I’m racing tomorrow, its never the same without is it.

anagallis_arvensis

Wonder if Wales could consider starting Anscombe at 10 and North at 13 v Italy. Scott Williams legs have gone, he used to be quick until he did his knee v England in that world cup game

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Why didn’t North start today? He looked very dangerous when he came on – maybe they should have brought him on earlier.

anagallis_arvensis

so I humbly apologise to AA for the inference

No offence taken, dont worry about it

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

its never the same without is it.

Half shozzled already. I was fine until the last twenty but went overboard.

IdleJon

DD, there was a lot of chat down here about North not doing much when he came on against England. I thought he did well in that game and would have picked him over Evans.

anagallis_arvensis

Why didn’t North start today?

Not sure really I’d have started him over Liam. I guess they were worried about being beaten up in the air.

anagallis_arvensis

Some irish numpty on beeb now talking about Jake Ball being tackled in his analysis…he’s out for the season and hadnt played since Nov…

lycanthropefailed
    Free Member

AA are you suggesting he was taken off the ball . . . early tackle ?

IdleJon

Where on earth did Murrayfield find the woman announcer with that horrible voice? I’d have to stuff cheese in my ears to sit in the stadium with her screeching every few minutes.

anagallis_arvensis

AA are you suggesting he was taken off the ball . . . early tackle ?

No I’m suggesting in a pre prepared piece of analysis you would imagine these “experts” might know the names of the players.

Cory BIL Hill…

lycanthropefailed
    Free Member

Ah, the experts that regard scrums as black magic just because they <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>used to be</span> backs.

lycanthropefailed
    Free Member

Sorted – beer, crisps and sandwiches both sides of the sofa.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Can’t decide if I actually want to watch this or not!

tjagain

Kryton57

Farrell involve in a scuffle pre match. Lol.

IdleJon

And only Farrell??

theotherjonv

Dumb question possibly, but the advantage law. I know it’s the ref’s discretion and that sometimes a team will turn it down in preference for a kick, but is there a generally accepted sort of outcome after which advantage is over?

It came from watching FR – IT yesterday, and particularly a minor advantage (whatever the phrase is) for I think a knock on, that seemed over very quickly compared to some penalty advantages that go on for ages. Is that also laid down in law that a penalty advantage. is allowed to accrue for longer?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I guess they were worried about being beaten up in the air.

Wales easily won the battle under the dropping ball. I think they’d have rinsed Ireland in a reverse fixture. I’d love to be able to be within a shout of winning a game with that little possession. I don’t think there’s a team in the 6N that can match Wales for that.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Less than two minutes for Scotland to do us at the breakdown. When will we learn that we need to work with on that area? FFS.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Nigel’s there, so it should be good.

gordimhor

Three nil to Scotland that must be full time surely

IdleJon

@theotherjonv – yes you’re right. Knock-on advantage tends to be over once the team in possession goes through a set-piece or makes a controlled kick. Penalty advantage tends to be much longer, often many phases but not usually more than about 10-15m of progress down the pitch.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Farrell has the most punchable face since Percy Montgomery.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

@theotherjonv

The knock-on (or anything else resulting in a scrum) advantage will always be shorter – I guess if you imagine where a team might be after a scrum – ie possession secured & recycling or a kick down the field. I think the refs allow a penalty advantage to go to a point where the team awarded the penalty might create a scoring opportunity. It gives the team playing advantage a “free play” so if you look at Ireland’s first try, there’s no way Sexton would have played such an interceptable pass had he not had the advantage. So, in essence, yeah, the penalty advantage is always longer then the scrum advantage but it depends very much on the field position of the team playing the advantage. IMO, the refs play this reasonably well. I’ve rarely had complaints other than when the attacking team scores a bloody drop goal.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Wow, I had not expected this. Looks like the Scotland team I’ve heard so much about have turned up.

Kryton57

Crikey. England at sixes and sevens.

Actually, no sevens .

Kryton57

When will England stop giving the ball away.

mindmap3
    Free Member

It’s going to be a long afternoon if you’re supporting England.

Russell having a much better game than the last two. Ford has gone awol.

theotherjonv

another question – there’s usually 3 defending backs covering about 1/3 of an acre, yet kicking downfield so often it doesn’t find grass and instead goes straight to a defender who runs it back.  What am I missing – why is it so hard to find the space between them?

gauss1777
    Free Member

Looked forward??

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Showtime has to have his input.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Has TJ soiled his pants yet?

😀

mindmap3
    Free Member

Oh. Wheels have well and truly come off the chariot.

Fair play to Scotland they’ve been the much better team so far. Much better.

anagallis_arvensis

Wheres this ref from he’s great 😁

Viewing 40 posts - 2,601 through 2,640 (of 4,076 total)

The topic ‘Rugby Thread 2017/18.’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM