Viewing 40 posts - 1,081 through 1,120 (of 4,076 total)
  • Rugby Thread 2017/18.
  • mindmap3
    Free Member

Cracking try from Scotland.

England get the rub of the green on their first try again.

South Africa beating Italy well at the moment.

anagallis_arvensis

Red card Kepu, thicker than Francis!!!

mindmap3
    Free Member

Scotland handing out a dicking to Australia. Cheika will no doubt be gracious in defeat…

TJ will be purring.

Slade has looked much better at 13. England are a bit inaccurate but there’s been quite a few changes big issue for me is Samoa ruling the breakdown. We’re so far behind pretty much everyone in that department.

gordimhor

Bloody hell Scotland! Let’s get Hogg fit and start the six nations asap.

tjagain

😯

DanW
    Free Member

Good game to watch as a neutral. There’s a lot of Scottish players who played out of their skins. Forwards deserve a beer or two for not giving Aus a look in and totally dominating. Being super critical, Scotland didn’t score the points they deserved early on and Russell fluffed too many kicks at goal and to touch to win a tighter game. There were some crucial changes in momentum before the red card which would have usually been key if Aus were not already on holiday lapping up the Scottish sun. When it was 15 vs 15 Aus had their usual knack of scoring quite easily out of nothing but all credit to Scotland for racking up a monumental result! I wouldn’t be unhappy if Wales ever played like that!

mindmap3
    Free Member

That’s a very, very fine win for Scotland. They’ll be relishing the 6N for sure.

anagallis_arvensis

Great stuff from Scotland, they have been a real pleasure to watch this season

tjagain

8 Tries? You score 4 we will score 8? Did I really just see Scotland play?

Scotland have been threatening to give someone a beating. Today they handed it out.
    Watson immense at disrupting and stealing. Barclay as well Between them they got half a dozen turnovers. Gray workrate as ever. Price Russell and Horne created space. McGuigan looked the part and backed himself successfully

We have waited a while

molgrips
    Free Member

Enjoyed that!

Not entirely neutral though – I like to see NH sides beat the SH. Makes world rugby a bit more interesting, and gives me a bit more pride in my hemisphere even if it’s not Wales.

Well – not yet… come on boys 🙂

mindmap3
    Free Member

Sheesh. Daly really does have sone gas; that was a cracking try. Slade had a really good game at 13 I thought. Simmonds did OK and played the full 80.

The breakdown really does need some hardwork over the next few months.

mindmap3
    Free Member

And Worcs have just beaten Tigers! Five tries to three, so a maximum five points for them. Hopefully with Hougaard back they can pull themselves out of the relegation battle.

flanagaj
    Free Member

All credit to Scotland. I must say though that the Scottish players could learn a thing or two from Michael Hooper. At least he showed true sportmanship by congratulating the Scots on their win, unlike Scotland when they lost last week to NZ.

NZCol

Kapa O Pango = still grumpy about the Lions tour !

dantsw13

I missed most of the Scotland match – amazing score line- how big an impact was the red card?

anagallis_arvensis

That looked nasty hope Jake is ik soon

stevomcd
    Free Member

All credit to Scotland. I must say though that the Scottish players could learn a thing or two from Michael Hooper. At least he showed true sportmanship by congratulating the Scots on their win, unlike Scotland when they lost last week to NZ.

Is this a serious comment? 😆 😆

anagallis_arvensis

how big an impact was the red card?

Pretty big, was a cracking game up to then.

anagallis_arvensis

**** typical!!

anagallis_arvensis

My son just asked me who is better than NZ…had to say maybe England….pray for my soul!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just told mine only one team has beaten them recently. 😀

EDIT: But they’ve been there for the taking on this tour. Poor against France, poor against Scotland and poor again tonight.

stevomcd
    Free Member

maybe England

Come on, seriously?

Autumn internationals are one thing, but when push really comes to shove?

anagallis_arvensis

Just told mine only one team has beaten them recently

Pleased for you but doubt I’ll ever see Wales beat them 🙁

anagallis_arvensis

Autumn internationals are one thing, but when push really comes to shove?

Maybe its just because they havent played them recently, but we know NZ are better than all the other potential options

anagallis_arvensis

No ref thats 3 in a row not 2 within 5m…surely a yellow

gauss1777
    Free Member

“Pleased for you but doubt I’ll ever see Wales beat them “
    But if ever there was a time to dream 🙂

gauss1777
    Free Member

🙁

anagallis_arvensis

Roberts and Williams had lead boots on then!!

molgrips
    Free Member

Well I like to dream as much as every other Welsh person, but they just aren’t good enough this time.

lycanthropefailed
    Free Member

So much for my predictions, all the results but not even close with the scores. 🙂

dantsw13

So – that’s all folks! ( well, apart from Wales who decided their players aren’t smashed up enough, so will play a standalone against SA next week 😯 )

What have we learnt?
    Ireland – great 1st XV, miss Sexton & Murray if not playing. SoB off Gatlands xmas card list!
    England – great depth, scoring some lovely tries. Set piece very good, breakdown STILL a problem.
    Scotland – seem to believe they are the NZ BaBa’s!!!
    Wales – starting to play Welsh style rugby again! If they click – beware!

6N predictions? Who knows!! If it’s based on tries scored Scotland could win it but still lose every game!!! France get more woeful every year. Wales will win a few, but probably lose too many. Ireland could crush the life out of everybody, but if England play to their potential, we have a good home draw this year.

anagallis_arvensis

But if ever there was a time to dream

It was when Gav kicked us to within 1 point with 5 to go and then Wellues kicked the ball away on 8mins 🙁

Wales havent learnt that Steff Evans is shit in defence, Owen Williams could step up as can Navidi and Rob Evans is a crackin loosehead. However we still have few gainline breakers, tight head props or locks to replace AWJ.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Just told mine only one team has beaten them recently.

Australia beat them last time out. Playground rules mean both England and Scotland are better than the ABs 🙂

mindmap3
    Free Member

Just told mine only one team has beaten them recently.

Australia? 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Australia beat them last time out.

Ah, my bad. I was going on the RC…forgot about that third Bledisloe.

Ok, so only one NH team has beaten them recently. I do reckon England would have beaten them on this tour – they’ve not been great.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Australia? 😆

Sorry, Rich beat you to that one. 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

I don’t want to talk about rugby today. I had a last minute invitation to watch Wales vs NZ in the box with drinks in the former players bar afterwards.
    My wife reminded me that I’d promised to do some decorating this weekend.
    My friends are currently texting me photos of famous rugby players who they are drinking with.
    Normally I am very happily married.

grahamt1980

Wrecker – sounds like you need a new patio rather than decorating

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Cracking game today. Scotland should of done a little better in the 1st half, but made the extra man count in the 2nd. Old mate can’t complain about the red card either. Silly and dangerous. Great to see a few of the lesser known names coming through from Scotland (or SA!) and putting in the performances. I was worried about or lack of strength in depth, but the replacements are doing a bang up job so far.

lycanthropefailed
    Free Member

dantsw13 – 6N predictions. Italy last, France second last.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,081 through 1,120 (of 4,076 total)

The topic ‘Rugby Thread 2017/18.’ is closed to new replies.