Viewing 40 posts - 3,321 through 3,360 (of 6,096 total)
  • Rugby thread 2016/2017
  • anagallis_arvensis

Hugh Jones….sounds welsh, should be a Lion!!

mindmap3
    Free Member

Ford has done some good stuff; his delayed pass was key to one of JJ’s tries.

Russell has been awful today under pressure.

anagallis_arvensis

George Ford has been almost completely anonymous.

Er….go back and look at the tries and have a think!!

mindmap3
    Free Member

cotland are making england look half decent. JJ is the only threat in that team.

Bitter much? 😆

Unlike all those threats in the Scottish back line his afternoon?

anagallis_arvensis

Russell has been awful today under pressure

Any 10 will look shit behind a pack being pumped like this. Has shown some nice touches imo. Not least hiding behind the post so Hask couldnt tackle him!

theotherjonv

Can we play you every week?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Bitter much?

Not bitter, just a hater. 😛
    Bitter would hint at not being allowed into the club. I was born in england and through family chose Wales.
    No bitterness at all.

Pigface
    Free Member

Just end it now 😥

grahamt1980

So JJ is likely to get mom but itoje has been immense

anagallis_arvensis

IMPACT from Sinkler!!!

anagallis_arvensis

Itoje is a damn fine player but I reckon he’d be a really good cheerleader too 😆

anagallis_arvensis

Yeah we have scored 50 points but winning a scrum needs loads of clapping and high fiving an embarassed looking Launchbury!

tjagain

Thats a fine performance from England. They been threatening it for a while – but they blew Scotland off the park. I thought we would get 3 tries and we have but I didn’t expect a humping. Eveything that could go wrong did from a soft yellow card to disruptive injuries and we came up against and England playing well

Right – I am leaving this thread for a while. Enjoy your victory england fans

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Yeah we have scored 50 points but winning a scrum needs loads of clapping and high fiving an embarassed looking Launchbury!

Shocking and looking forward to crowding the ref next season. 😐

piemonster

Well, that was a bit of a drubbing

anagallis_arvensis

I give Care 7 out of 10 for the dive, needs to watch a few Shane Williams vids on youtube!!!

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Does Brown ever pass the ball?

Good game though.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Brilliant play England – at last. Excellent TEAM performance. MoM pick any one from 1 -15.

mindmap3
    Free Member

That was a pretty impressive performance by England. Not a and way to equal the AB’s record and retain the championship.

Scotland looked rattled from the start and never recovered from the yellow card. The injuries to the backs then made their task even harder.

Kryton57

Weeee are the champions (again), WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS.

Excellent, a good pasting for the Scots, not much collateral damage to England. Next weeks game has a lot of promise.

Oh did I mention? WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

allthepies
    Free Member

Hammering.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Enjoyed that!

mindmap3
    Free Member

AA – Russell also hit the self destruct button on his own goal line with some mad passeee that just put Scotland under more pressure.

Surprised how little impact the Scottish back row had in the game. I was expecting them to really take us apart and win an awful lot of turnovers.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

After all the false hype – good victory for the team and a number of 1-on-1s wins re the Lions.

Good for EJ for getting the team up to play really well. Great coach.

(Farell showed how **** he is yet again. 😉 )

righog
    Free Member

Big Game against Ireland next week. New record 19 wins and the Grand slam….Looking forward to it.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Brilliant play England – at last. Excellent TEAM performance. MoM pick any one from 1 -15.

I’d stick with JJ, without him the score would have been much more representative. 😉

akira

I think false hype is a bit harsh, scotland have played well up until this game. We fell apart and never really got started but neither team looked like like the same teams as two weeks ago.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

It all fell into place today for England, the Scots rocked up, pumped and thought they had a chance. England rose to the challenge and put them back in their box!
    Brilliant play from the backs unpicked Scotland’s defense time after time leaving little hope for the Scottish lads. A pretty much complete performance.
    Yes!!!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Farell showed how **** he is yet again.

Indeed – Scotland 21 Farrell 24 !!

vondally
    Free Member

Well played England, the two weeks really look well used by Eddie Jones and team especially in dealing with the Scottish back row and some great lines of running.

Launchbury another good performance, definitely a starter for the Lions with Mario ijote.

Ford and Farrell were exceptionally good today. Both Lions options.

Well done Scotland for keeping going.

ferrals
    Free Member

Well done England, best they’ve played all tournament. Gutted. As I feared Scotland imploded. Stupid yellow and the loss of Hogg killed them.

Ref had an atrocious game though. Neck roll should have been a yellow, being talked out that other yellow by the TMO when he explicitly said he was giving it for repeated offenses. Missed many England penalties, including that cynical swipe at the ball when Scotland passed long on their own try lines, at least two knock ons when the clock was red.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Sorry Akira don’t agree, but will leave it there.

Treat the two impostors both the same 😉

Next week is what matters. But no harm in enjoying winning the championship with a very, very good performance.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

😆
    What’s an imposter?

mindmap3
    Free Member

The English players seemed pretty quiet in the press this week. There were quite a few articles from Scottish players saying what a chance they felt they had a great chance, Visser saying that the English players weren’t as cocky as usual etc.

I normally wince when I see a headline about such and such and English player saying something daft because we normally end up looking silly!

grahamt1980

Ferrals, the yellow card he wanted to give was for a second high tackle that the replays showed it wasn’t, was just a late tackle which didn’t deserve a yellow.
    Plus the tip tackle could arguably been red so i wouldn’t complain too much as the score would have only been worse with Scotland at 14 men all match

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Kipling, Captain, Kipling

jambalaya
    Free Member

Hats off to Eddie Jones, we where well prepared with the right attitude from the ko. Same next week against a team with nothing to lose playing in front of their home crowd.

Last night’s game was better to watch with two sides capable of the win. 62 points against the tournament’s second best team was a rather one sided non contest. My worry is we aren’t really that good.

andylaightscat
    Free Member

Flower of Scotland ??? weed, weed, weed more like it!!!

righog
    Free Member

Lawrence Dallaglio 6’4″ looks like a dwarf next to Bayfield 🙂

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Gracious in victory as always. The ugly underbelly that is.

Viewing 40 posts - 3,321 through 3,360 (of 6,096 total)

The topic ‘Rugby thread 2016/2017’ is closed to new replies.