Viewing 40 posts - 2,521 through 2,560 (of 2,888 total)
  • Rugby – 6 nations.
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Danny Cipriani, will be very intresting to see how he goes as he hasn’t been a huge sucess with the Reds. He has an arm full of ink these days as well.

toys19
    Free Member

Owens impressed me no end in that game (and in others).

To be honest I think Owens endeared himself to every Englishman on Sat, he is like the anti A-A.

toys19
    Free Member

g l i t c h

Albanach
    Free Member

Cipriani.

EDIT: too late!

duckman

Cipriani about four years ago was a joy to watch though. Was there not the odd case of theft from bars etc going on in OZ?

anagallis_arvensis

Owens impressed me no end in that game (and in others).
    How can there be such a gap between him and Roland?

Rolland and Clancy ref to the letter of the law, Owens refs with a lot more sympathy and aims to let the game flow. Rolland and Clancy would have spent all game pinging Corbisero for not driving straight even though he had the better of Court. Owens

zokes
    Free Member

Rolland should be a traffic cop here in Oz. He’d make the government a killing in Jay-walking fines…

Pigface
    Free Member

That was one of the aspects of the scrum in the england game that I didn’t understand, Cole seemed to bore in sideways as soon as they engaged. Like 99% of rugby watchers I am ignorant of what goes on in the front row but that did seem odd. Always thought you had to drive square.

No doubt the 1% of experts will now question my intelligence and ability to see properly 😉

wrecker
    Free Member

I don’t know either pigface. Doesn’t really matter now though.

duckman

You have to appear to drive straight. 8)

loum
    Free Member

😆

duckman

EVERY Sat;I get them together on my command, even a nice legal bind, legs going straight,but upper body boring in, opo drops it,guy boring in goes to ground with a pleading cry of “c’mon you, keep it up!” with a weary look towards me. I ping the 1st prop for boring in…..Thus the circle of eternal scrummaging goes on. I am going to work out a solution and patent it. I will make a fortune from grateful fans everywhere. My solution,as I stated earlier on this thread, come together on refs call which negates the impact that has been legislated against, bind anywhere above shorts, then ANYTHING goes. Want to try and bore in? try it, opens your ribs up without the opo being worried about getting pinged for shifting his bind.Props can get back to enjoying rugby.

What did we expect? Crouch, touch, pause,en….Duh Ref; could you repeat da last one…hurhurhur

loum
    Free Member

This might tickle a few people:

http://www.irishrugby.ie/ireland/25933.php

But in better news, BOD’s back for Leinster on Friday. 🙂

toys19
    Free Member

Loum quality link..

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

As an ex-member of the front row union, Duckman, I applaud you!!

And you too loum!!

toys19
    Free Member

I know there isnt much in it (0.3 of a point) but how have we managed to stay above Wales in the IRB world rankings?

Given that Wales did better in the WC and 6N than us, your gut feel is that they should ahve higher ranking..

is that england have done better than wales over a longer period?(I dunno if this is factually true, I am just asking), is the ranking biased to keep the bigger finacial contributors to the IRB where thye want to be, or is there some other explaination?

For example we came top of our table and wales came 2nd in theirs in the WC, is this enought to have made a difference?
    Also I think our record agaisnt the SH is better than theirs, so maybe its that..

wrecker
    Free Member

The IRB World Rankings are calculated using a ‘Points Exchange’ system, in which sides take points off each other based on the match result. Whatever one side gains, the other loses.

The exchanges are based on the match result, the relative strength of each team, and the margin of victory, and there is an allowance for home advantage.

Points exchanges are doubled during the World Cup Finals to recognise the unique importance of this event, but all other full international matches are treated the same, to be as fair as possible to countries playing a different mix of friendly and competitive matches across the world.

Wales lost 3 games at the RWC, so double points it seems.

toys19
    Free Member

Interesting, that being the case, going one step further in the tournament, but then losing, apparently makes you worse!! Ho ho.

wrecker
    Free Member

Yeah that 3rd place play off shouldn’t be double counted really.

anagallis_arvensis

No doubt the 1% of experts will now question my intelligence and ability to see properly 

It was the loosehead boring in wasnt it?

anagallis_arvensis

Anyone seen the Callum Clark incident in LV Cup? Bloody horrible, breaks the Tigers players arm.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

AA, hadn’t seen that.

Deserves a VERY, VERY, VERY long ban indeed.

anagallis_arvensis

I would have posted the vid from ewetube but it makes me feel ill.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Please feel free NOT to post it.

Bear
    Free Member

He should never play again. Deliberate act designed to inflict injury.

brakes
    Free Member

can he be prosecuted for that? surely that’s ABH.

boxfish
    Free Member

Presumably he’s been cited?

Pigface
    Free Member

Bl oo dy hell that is nasty, isnt he the kid who nutted someone in an England match and walked off laughing about it.

duckman

That is sickening,what a tosser.Looks deliberate as well judging by the way he looks back to admire his handiwork.If the camera angle on the near touchline has a clear view of it and it is deliberate then he isn’t a rugby player, he is a sociopath and our game needs protecting from the likes of him.

Frankers
    Free Member

Clark hasn’t been cited yet, still waiting. RFU has until late Thursday to cite any players involved

Leicester have confirmed Hawkins arm is broken due to “hyper extension” and will be out for the rest of the season

thegreatape
    Free Member

I couldn’t find a clip of him injuring someone’s arm, but there’s one of him leaping acros a maul to headbutt a NZ player in the JWC. He looks like a complete nutjob. Perhaps Johan Le Roux is his dad?

Frankers
    Free Member

Clip of him breaking Hawkins arm

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_5Vlsyekio[/video]

His other handy work here

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNgWg8kGMWk[/video]

wrecker
    Free Member

I would be quite happy if he doesn’t play rugby again.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Didn’t look very well did I. That’s pretty nasty. There was a player jailed very recently for assaulting someone during a match. In or near Bath I think.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

wrecker – Member

I agree. Didn’t realise he had “form” when I posted earlier re a long ban. That ban should, on the evidence of that video (I know, innocent until proven guilty etc, camera angles etc, etc, etc.) be permanent.

I don’t want that sort of person having anything to do with rugby.

surfer
    Free Member

+1 he’s a thug.

wrecker
    Free Member

Keynsham between bath and bristol. I’ve played against them a few times and pretty sure against the offender. 6 months for a punch though……nothing most of us haven’t done.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Throwing a punch in a game, if as a reaction to something (perceived or actual) is a visceral reaction that can be understood. It should, of course, be punished by the game appropriately. I don’t see a retaliation punch as being a criminal offence, however.

Deliberately just laying in to someone because you feel like it, however? Now that is a far more serious thing. Far more serious.

Breaking someone’s arm backwards is very much teetering on the edge of having to call the police in.

wrecker
    Free Member

CFH;
    http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Keynsham-RFC-rugby-player-jailed-assault-pitch/story-15409864-detail/story.html
    Happens in games up and down the land. I’m not justifying it, just pointing out how common it is.
    Looking at the Clark video nasty, I fail to see how anyone could interpret that as anything but a deliberate attempt to injure. GBH in my book.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Well over the edge IMO CFH –

Should be jail time

Viewing 40 posts - 2,521 through 2,560 (of 2,888 total)

The topic ‘Rugby – 6 nations.’ is closed to new replies.