Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Rubbish on Trails….
  • mrphil
    Free Member

[rant mode on]

Why do selfish pricks ruin the woodland of One Planet Llandegla by throwing rubbish, hell if you can carry your high energy French Fries Crisps, Mars Bars, Coke etc then you can put the empty rubbish back in your pockets/camel back/Booze Busters carrier bag.

Was tempted to pick some up however I did not have a bin bag 🙁

[rant mode off]

Hopefully the rubbish did not belong to any STW riders 🙂

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

seconded

unklehomered
    Free Member

Stainburn’s closeness to Harrogate means we get a higher class of litter, Waitrose Bitter Lemon bottles, M+S sandwich wrappers mixed in the usual shite.

Was surprised by the number of lager cans at the top of the cragg climb at Gisburn last time I was there…

VanMan
    Free Member

I’m sad enough to carry a spare carrier bag to put others rubbish in when I find it 😳

What really hacks me off is discarded inner tubes, still saves me buying new ones I suppose.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I hate it as well, really how ******* hard is it to stick your litter in your bag?

mrphil
    Free Member

Not sad Vanman but prepared.

The more this happens on trails centres and natural trails the worse it will get.

If your going to Llandegla look at the top of steep climb on B-Line and you will see what I mean.

patriotpro
    Free Member

look at the top of steep climb on B-Line and you will see what I mean.

Lots of fun to be had at the start of the B-Line, just watching all the noobs psyching themselves up to/out of doing the B-Line.

The snickers, coke and french-fries are probably what they need to have the courage to ride it!

portlyone

What really was sad was seeing all the gel wrappers discarded on the Manchester to Blackpool charity ride recently 🙄

guitarhero
    Free Member

Was shocked by the amount of litter at a popular resting spot on my local trails the other night. Collected the bottles and sweet wrappers, but drew the line at used tissues.
    I’d like to catch them dropping them so I could ‘ave a word. Ignorant Bleeps

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

You shold have seen the mess left behind by the Dartmoor Classic ride this year…. disgraceful.

mcnultycop

Llandegla does seem to be rife for energy bars and drinks related litter. Let alone dropping litter, why do people even need to stop? I’m a big lad and I can get two laps in of the red or one red and one blue without having to stop to refuel.

T666DOM

I noticed the same around Dalby a couple of weeks back, in one spot there was 5 or 6 cans of redbull left in a neat little pile, I don’t know where they expected them to disappear to!

Most of the energy/chocolate bar wrappers seemed to be in quite random spots you wouldn’t think was a good place to stop.

Tools

play
    Free Member

The rubbish is everyones responsibility. I try to leave with more rubbish than i came with (or created), it’s not a big deal to pick a bit up when you’re stopped. The best thing to do is to put it in your mate’s backpack when he’s not looking…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

3 SIS gel wrappers at the bottom of secret squirrel on Holmbury this week and then the dreaded bagged dog dirt this morning 🙁

wheelie

I might be blind, but haven,t noticed any at QECP red trail.

scottfitz
    Free Member

wheelie – Member
    I might be blind, but haven,t noticed any at QECP red trail.

Posted 28 minutes ago # Report-Post Its not a big problem at QECP but if i see any i will pick it up and put it in the bin at the end of the ride.

coogan
    Free Member

Started picking it up and getting home with stuffed pockets. Know some is dropped accidentally, but know the bulk of it ain’t!

grum
    Free Member

Llandegla is the worst place I’ve been to for litter. Pretty disgusting really.

As above though it’s not to hard to take some away with you.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

I totally agree, litter is very bad for the image of cycling around trail centres, I like to pick a plastic bottle or two up as a way of putting something back into the countryside if possible. 😕

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Rubbish on Trails….’ is closed to new replies.