Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • RSP Alex XM35/Chosen/Mach 1 wheel – will it go into RS torque cap forks?
  • IvanMTB
    Free Member

Hi there,

Trying to finish my new build without pissing off SWMBO too much.

Missing forks (that will hurt) and front wheel (hopefully less painful).

Found RSP wheel that is looking promising:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/RSP-Wheels-MTB-FT-29-15×110-Boost-Plus-35-Black-29/2292058905

My only concern is if it will go OK on RS toque cap forks that I’m hoping to secure.

Did brief digging around – Raleigh website, Chosen website – and findings are rather inconclusive.

Asked seller a question, no reply yet.

So maybe anybody here knows?

Cheers!
    I.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Yes, torque caps are bigger diameter to increase surface area/stiffness but standard 110 wheels will fit. Its a bit of a pain lining the wheel/axle up each time but otherwise it works grand

scotroutes

S above – they’ll run in Torque Cap forks, it just takes a wee bit extra care lining up the axle when you insert it.

Hope do TC end caps for their hubs but it’s never bothered me enough to buy them.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Cheers!

That’s reassuring.

Will wait for seller reply anyways.

Cheers!
    I.

windysurfer
    Free Member
    ThePinkster

Do you know anyone with a 3D printer? A mate of mine knocked up a couple of converters to go over the end of the axle stubs on my standard boost hubs and they now drop into the torque cap dropouts perfectly.

As said above, the wheel worked fine on the fork before but it’s just a bit easier to take out & put back in again now.

honourablegeorge

Those Newmen adapters are very effective, hoping they don’t fall off too soon

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Cheers windysurfer, very good find.

Seller doesn’t know, dropped a line to Raleigh, maybe they will be a bit more informative.

Friend of mine got pretty good 3D printer, might visit him with bottle and ask nicely 🙂

Cheers!
    I.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Just get it bought. Its not going to be an issue, its a standard wheel going in a slightly oversized dropout.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘RSP Alex XM35/Chosen/Mach 1 wheel – will it go into RS torque cap forks?’ is closed to new replies.