Home Forums Bike Forum RS Shock Eyelet with Bearings – Remove / Replace

• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by NS.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • RS Shock Eyelet with Bearings – Remove / Replace
  • NS
    Free Member
    I have a Rockshox Vivid shock that has a bearing eyelet on the lower shaft end (30mm x 8mm bearing mount). 
    I would like to fit the shock on another bike that fits a 40mm x 8mm standard DU bushing eyelet on the lower end of the shock. 
    Does anyone have any experience of this – Is it possible to remove & replace the bearing eyelet on the Vivid & if so any recommendations on who could do it for me?

I am not sure if another viable option would be to fit 5mm spacers either side & retain the bearings as they are? Or would this put too much stress on the 8mm mounting bolt? 

Thanks. 
    rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Yeah that link looks to be what you need. Otherwise it’s a new shaft for the shock so full service plus the part ie. £150+

NS
    Free Member

Superb, thanks guys – wasn’t expecting a £6 solution to the problem!

I’m guessing I just need to source a 40mm axle pin now to slot inside the bearings/spacers?

Any recommendations on good manufacturers or should I just purchase a RS 40 x 8mm mounting hardware kit and not use the top hat spacers.

Thanks again.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

No, the bearing pin sits between the bearings on the RS mount I believe rather than passing through (the frame bolt does this) so just the £6 part linked.

Hope that’s what you mean and should be easily checked with a quick look at the 8×30 setup

shanner
    Free Member

Hello mate, just seen you Lyric Ultimate forks for sale in classifieds. I’m in Glasgow too, keen to take them, but the private messages aren’t working properly on the site. I can’t send you a message!

I’m also in G66 (Lenzie) could pick them up today if it suits. Could you try pm me or email me at:

graememartinATlivedotcodotuk

Cheers!

NS
    Free Member

OK great, thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.