Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • royal mail
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Any one else waiting fot parcels? Is it thst time of year where first class post equals about 40th class in reality? Ordered and dispatched wiggle Monday 1st class, still nothing today, ordered something else Tuesday dispatched same day and again nothing as if saturday! Starting to get a bit worried they have been half inched by the royak mail now, or am i being paranoid as its getting nearer to christmas and they are being super busy? never had to wait this long, nor a dig atwiggle BTW, any one else waiting in anticipation?

sweepy
    Free Member

I dont know what its like where you are, but looking out the window i’d be very surprised if I got a visit from the postie today, plus with Xmas on the horizon I wouldnt worry yet.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Seems to be very variable at the moment, fortunately a lot of what I’ve ordered as Xmas presents have come via courier very promptly, Royal mail 1st class certainly isn’t at the moment!

fbk
    Free Member

I posted some bars to a guy via eBay 2 weeks ago and it hasn’t arrived yet. He opted for bargain basement P&P but fortnately I still sent it 2nd class recorded – tracking info’s still saying the parcel is “in the system”, whatever that means!

carlosg
    Free Member

Depends where you are in the country , at present Royal Mail is undergoing a massive change in the way it deals with your post. Some offices are coping well with the changes others are not.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

hmmmm the mystery continues 🙁 had a load of parcels delivered to work this morning, some of which were only posted second class on friday, and have arrived today 🙁

my two parcels, both posted 1st class monday and tuesday (by different companies) still not arrived 🙁 surely time to get worried and assume the worst now? one of the second class parcels thats arrived today for someone else was posted from bloooooody croydon which is the other end of the country 🙁

im convinced somebodys half inched them now 🙁

RDL-82
    Free Member

im convinced somebodys half inched them now

I’m in the same boat, had a parcel dispatched on the 20th first class recorded and its still not here, spoke to Amazon, turns out they didnt actually send it recorded, so thast why there was no tracking on the site, got that refunded, cheeky gits, but no parcel and its now lost in space, rang my local sorting office, the vans are out, ring back later, yeah cheers that helps, Amazon are apparently going to resend it next day if it doesnt show today, we’ll see, 😡

Drac

I find them excellent for what we pay for them, had no post since Thursday now but given the amount of snow we have I don’t care it can wait.

RDL-82
    Free Member

I find them excellent for what we pay for them, had no post since Thursday now but given the amount of snow we have I don’t care it can wait.

Fair enough but we’ve had no snow here or where its come from so no excuses really, 2 weeks before crimbo maybe, but not now imo anyway

Drac

True RDL but both companies handle millions of parcels the odd one is going to vanish from time to time.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

id generally not bother to moan if it was normal, but royal mail by me are usually spot on, 2 days wait max for stuff from wiggle, now been 7 full days 🙁 and also as stated above we have received parcels here from croydon which couldnt be any further away, and they were only posted friday evening 😆 it just doesnt make sense 🙁 either the parcels have all gone missing (a batch) from monday to wednesday or the things have been pinched in the process 🙁 which is hard to believe really as they are 2 packages from 2 different companies 🙁

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

and to boot what makes it worse, is they are both merino wool socks, which i could do with urgently given the current weather 😆

metalheart
    Free Member

Ordered the new Kalymnos climbing guide book week past Sunday, dispatched Monday arrived Thursday. And thats from Kalymnos Greece that takes best part of a day to get there or back in person!

RDL-82
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator
    True RDL but both companies handle millions of parcels the odd one is going to vanish from time to time.

Oh a appreciate that, tbh I more pee’d off at Amazon for not sending it recorded as I payed for, yeah they refunded but that’s now left me running around. Never normally have any problems with RM but suspect Its gone walks this time, I’ll just have to wait and hope, that Amazon are true to their word and do send a new one next day.

Kunstler

As I clicked on this thread… the postie knocked on the door. I had to have a prescription posted down to where I’m staying. It was sent registered and with an extra charge to ensure next day delivery. It should have been here on Saturday. It made things a little bit difficult but really a day later is no big thing. Especially considering the extra strain caused by the present conditions. I was less pleased two weeks ago when a letter from my doctor went astray that still hasn’t turned up.

Overall though, I think the Royal Mail is brilliant for all that it does.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

daily update – still nothing today 🙁 even the post guy who comes at work said they should be here by now, and if not by end of week then probably to worry 🙁

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

both packages arrive today at 2.40pm by a different area royal mail van – 1 week and 2 days on for first class post 😆 still least they arrived safely!

so yes royal mail is being a bit slow of late round my way…..

mk1fan
    Free Member

Have to say that despite the weather that has crippled the country both homes received post today.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Were in Sheffield and I’m waiting for first class mail since last Tuesday!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘royal mail’ is closed to new replies.