Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)
  • Room 101 thread
  • jools182
    Free Member

Things you would like to get rid of, can be anything

My first nomination

Radio or TV adverts with actors faking regional accents 🙄

wwaswas

Zoella.

nemesis
    Free Member

People with regional accents 😉

Politicians. Basically, anyone who’s been involved with politics. I know that’ll sweep up the odd decent one amongst the bad but it’s a price I’m willing to pay. All in it together, afterall 🙂

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Racist murdering coppers.

djambo
    Free Member

Religion – it’s basically just brainwashing stupid/desperate/poor people.

nemesis
    Free Member

People who think road tax exists.

Or if I’m not allowed to decimate half of the population, just those who think that even if it did, it would give them some sort of right to drive the way they do.

ton

popular lager brands, no, thinking about it, all lager.

nemesis
    Free Member

Grrr…

Just for that, people who weigh a ton 😉

ads678

Religion, politics, ism’s and TV ‘talent’ contests!

PJM1974
    Free Member

Hmmm…in time honoured tradition, I’m going to choose three:

1) Unnecessary new standards and the marketing departments behind them.
    2) +1 for career politicians who’ve no idea who real people live.
    3) UKIP

BTW – the Room 101 envisaged by Eric Arthur Blair was a room where an individual under torture would be faced with their strongest fear, dredged from the individual’s own subconscious.

In which case I can only go with unnecessary new standards.

leffeboy

Religion – it’s basically just brainwashing stupid/desperate/poor people.

I’m neither desperate nor poor and I hope I’m not stupid

Northwind

Any newspaperman printing anything they know not to be true

onandon
    Free Member

Stupid people. They should put on treadmills to produce energy, then ground up and used to power generators when they die.

leffeboy

And in the spirit of the thread – food technologists. I’m not happy with people who replace cooking with chemistry

tiggs121
    Free Member

Morons who hang bags of dog shit on bushes, fences etc.

Pigface
    Free Member

Stress

tiggs121
    Free Member

Ok….I know!!

yunki
    Free Member

anyone who hasn’t appeared on ‘come dine with me’

edhornby

Polo shirts – they are just nasty and no one looks good in one, you look like you are a member of staff in an unimportant warehouse

the daily Mail

DaRC_L

Soundbites because you can’t simplify complex problems into one sentence.

anyone who has appeared on ‘come dine with me’ so everyone will be in Room 101 😆

theotherjonv

Are we being genuine or not.

In the spirit of ‘the thing I’d like to see banished for ever’ – intolerance. Be it racist, religious, sexist – all forms of intolerance. it’d be so much better if we could all just get along.

In the spirit of Orwell – breaking my fingers. Palms sweating at the thought, but it’s an odd one, because I’ve broken several over the years playing in goal or as a wicketkeeper and it doesn’t particularly bother me in that regard. But having them slowly and deliberately broken as a form of punishment or torture……..

In the Spirit of Frank Skinner’s Room 101. Fast growing spring grass. I cut the bastard stuff at the weekend and it’s already too long again. I like grass, and i like a neatly trimmed garden, and i like the smell of cut grass. I just chuffin’ hate having to cut it myself.

richmtb

15mm axles

bearnecessities

Anyone else forsee this degrading rapidly?

Polo shirts – they are just nasty and no one looks good in one

Outrageous!

I look rather fetching in my navy blue RL polo with cream chinos.

Yours, Ponceypants-Smythe

pondo

Katie Hopkins and anyone else with a similarly complete lack of worth to the human race as a whole.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

I’m not happy with people who replace cooking with chemistry

People who think that cooking isn’t chemistry.

Also,

Shellfish
    and
    those Crocs wellies-with-holes-in shoe things

bearGrease

Nationalists

Junkyard
    Free Member

“reality tv ” and its associated “talents”

MrNice
    Free Member

for Pook: Sean Keaveney

nickc

1. ‘celebrity culture’

The idea of being famous, merely because one is famous.

2. Rubbish Telly

Mindless mind numbing dull formulaic chin dribbling moving wallpaper shit and the (see point 1) that it spawns.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Any telly program with the word “celebrity” in the title. Anyone who’s ever appeared in any telly program with the word “celebrity” in the title, especially the ones who use that as an excuse to continue polluting the airwaves. broccoli. other people’s farts. Hollywood remakes if films that really didn’t need remade (Stallone in The Italian Job, even thinking about it raises the temperature of my piss to near boiling point.)

leffeboy

People who think that cooking isn’t chemistry.

Thought I might get pulled up on that :). I was more thinking of some of the excessive stuff, such as adding used engine oil to animal feed as it still has some calorific value:

“Asked about reports the contamination was caused by used motor oil added to the feed pellets, Mr. Kiely said this had not been proved. He said motor oil was not on the “negative list” of products banned in animal feed, “because I am sure that never crossed anyone’s mind” that it should be added.”

retro83
    Free Member

1. Throw-away society. In particular, things which could be easily user repaired but are purposely designed to make it difficult. E.g. laptops with sealed in hard drives, cars where you have to replace a whole £200 wishbone instead of a £1 bushing or disassemble the front to replace a bulb, phones with sealed in batteries.

2. Black Beard Algae. Bloody annoying blight I’m fighting in my freshwater fish tank. Nothing eats it, and it serves no other purpose than to reduce enjoyment of my fish tanks.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Things you would like to get rid of, can be anything

People who misunderstand or who are actually oblivious to what ‘Room 101’ in fact is.

wwaswas

People who misunderstand or who are actually oblivious to what ‘Room 101’ in fact is.

*left unsure if people how misunderstand what ‘Room 101 in fact is’ are really what Three_Fish would encounter in Room 101 or if he’s misunderstood what Room 101 in fact is*

failedengineer

Now for something really controversial: Pet dogs.

For my second, something far less so: TV ‘Talent’ shows

Third: Bank adverts which pretend that banks are nice, fluffy entities

nemesis
    Free Member

People who understand what Room 101 was in Nineteen Eighty-Four but aren’t capable of understanding that its meaning has morphed over time so that common usage of the phrase is something different.

seadog101

The next new wheel size / hub standard / thing you must have to make the trail come alive…

jambourgie
    Free Member

Signs, warnings & ‘polite notices’. The country is infested with them.
    Mobile phones.
    People who park on pavements.
    ‘The War On Drugs’
    CCTV in public spaces.
    The noughties. What a crap decade.

arrpee
    Free Member

That moment on a perfect spring morning, when you’re sitting in traffic, heading for some crushingly mundane destination (IKEA, say), and you spot a car heading in the opposite direction with two glisteningly perfect MTBs on the roof-rack (maybe heading South to the Tweed Valley, or North to the Highlands), reminding you of the fact that your own (long-since technologically surpassed) bike is lying mouldering in the garage because you haven’t had time to so much as give it a skoosh of GT85 since you last rode it all those weeks ago (a ride which itself drove home the numbing realisation that your fitness and skillset have irretrievably disintegrated).

Maybe add a grumpy child in the back seat, and a sullen spouse, who’s just daring you to so much as utter a sigh.

That.

I nominate that.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

People who understand what Room 101 was in Nineteen Eighty-Four but aren’t capable of understanding that its meaning has morphed over time so that common usage of the phrase is something different.

I’m obviously able to understand, otherwise my first post, which actually revolves around making the distinction between the two things, couldn’t have been made. Indeed, it depends entirely upon me actually understanding what you think I don’t. Good effort, though; have a biscuit.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Room 101 thread’ is closed to new replies.