Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Ron Dennis is back!
  • pondo

why would Vettel leave though for Ferrari who have not won anything in ages?

Same reason Shcumi did, for the challenge? (And in Schumi’s case the $$$, but you’ve got to think Red Bull can match anything Ferrari can offer, their coffers seem bottomless).

honeybadgerx

Hora

If its a Vettel procession again I’ll switch to wendyball and tattoo my sons name in badly written numerals on my arm and arabic across my chest.

Whilst I also hope it’s not a procession again, can we get that in a legal document just to provide some entertainment if it is?

atlaz
    Free Member

I know there was massive anticipation before he made F1, but I’m not sure Jan ever did anything to prove it at the highest level.

That’s the point. From what I understood at the time he wasn’t so impressed with F1 in general as he just wanted to race and wasn’t prepared to change as much as the teams wanted. Mind you, considering one of those teams was Stewart and Jackie Stewart would take all new F1 drivers to Silverstone and show them the “correct” way to drive the circuit perhaps half of that was on the team side.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

The smart way to deal with that would be to smile and nod and keep the boss happy.

Then when the flag drops do your own thing.

You can’t help but think he piddled away the opportunity of a lifetime.

thepurist

ScottChegg – sniffpetrol likes RonSpeak too. 😉

pondo

That’s the point. From what I understood at the time he wasn’t so impressed with F1 in general as he just wanted to race and wasn’t prepared to change as much as the teams wanted. Mind you, considering one of those teams was Stewart and Jackie Stewart would take all new F1 drivers to Silverstone and show them the “correct” way to drive the circuit perhaps half of that was on the team side.

If he’d been able to perform (in terms of outright speed), I doubt he’d have only done twenty-odd races, no matter how cavalier he was about F1.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

His record speaks for itself. 1 point in F1 only. That was a 7th in Monaco in the Stewart.

That doesn’t sound too bad, until you realise his teammate was 2nd in the same race.

Basil

Don’t care!
    I’m bikepacking to Spa GP this year woop woop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pondo

The utterly fantastic Nigel Roebuck offers his insight into the situation at McLaren.

andytherocketeer

His record speaks for itself. 1 point in F1 only. That was a 7th in Monaco in the Stewart.

stats for Stewart in that season were so bad, that the 2nd for Barrichello is the “odd” data point, not Magnusson finishing 7th. well that and the fact that both cars actually finished (quite rare), in a race where more than half retired.

also put me down for Ross ousting the guy at Fezza somewhere mid-season

6079smithw
    Free Member

Swap Button for Di Resta asap.

DTM streams live these days.

Pook

Di Resta – face like a dali painting.

Captain-Pugwash
    Free Member

It’s all well and good Dennis being back but what about the car, it’s rubbish and that points to the head of designer who seems like his got his feet under the table as the car has got progressively worse over the last couple of seasons and he’s still there?

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Ron Dennis is back!’ is closed to new replies.