Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 120 total)
  • Roll Call for the STW Forum Ride 26th/27th Sept – Kirroughtree and Dalbeattie
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

Folks

I am sure most of you will have seen the original post:
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/stw-group-ride-26th27th-september-kirroughtree-dalbeattie-mabie

The plan is to meet at 10am on 26th September and at around 11 ride the red and black at Kirroughtree. [You should find Trekster and myself in the car park by my dark blue Vaxhaull Meriva.] Start of the ride will be at this point in the Kirroughtree car park.

Dalbeattie's car park is a bit smaller and we will meet at the same Trail Head notice board and seat. There is a £1 car park fee at Kirroughtree, and a £2 fee at Dalbeattie.

Then on Sunday meet at 10am at Dalbeattie and at 11 ride the red route which also includes many black optional obscales such as The Slab and Terrible Twins.

It would help me if you could let me know which days you plan on coming, and if you are staying the night. I wouldn't want to set off early if people were definites but had not turned up.

I'll bump this on Monday, and if you need to wait till mid week to make a final decision that's fine.

But yeah, I've had a great month riding already with various forumites, am feeling fit if not fast, and really looking forward to this. I am not expecting a huge turnout, but it should be very sociable and great fun!

Any questions please shout – Trekster, Forge and myself will be happy to help.

radoggair
    Free Member

well, here's my situation so far. Working sat and sun but trying to change that so i'm either off all sat and doing a double shift sunday or of sat and trying to get someone to cover my sat shift. Let u know midweek the score

scruzer
    Free Member

I would love to but was only up there last weekend. first time to those few centres. Did Kirroughtree Friday, Big Couty Ride at Glentrool and Mabie red on Sunday. Very very impressed with Mabie! Ya lucky if ya live close by!!

simonralli2
    Free Member

Radoggair – yeah – I think you said that may be the case. I'll be on line all week to see who can finally make the rides.

Scruzer – wow – you got round Glentrool pretty quick to fit in Mabie. Yeah I love Mabie it's one of my fave stanes and yes, very local! It's nice to be in the middle of Mabie, Dalbeattie and Ae, especially in the wet when natural rides get too boggy.

househusband

Raises hand; have booked B&B (Treksters' mate) in Dumfries – have hopefully booked accommodation in the right town this time!

Kit
    Free Member

Simon, I'll be there both Saturday and Sunday. Staying with my folks near Lockerbie.

scruzer
    Free Member

whoops well spotted Simon, was saturday for glentroll and sunday for mabie. I mean glentrool or maybe glendrool!! or even glencool?

Trekster

scruzer..like Simon I am but 7mls from Mabie and Ae. Have walked, walked my dog, pushed kids buggies, biked and now take grand kids to play in Mabie.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Scruzer – heh – wasn't trying to point anything out so to speak, I thought maybe you were some xc racing whizz or something like that!

craig1975
    Free Member

I may be up for the Saturday ride at Kirroughtree,I was planing a trip there that weekend

tandemwarriors

Room for a few more? Me and possibly a few more from the Dunoon STW outpost are planning to come down to Kirry for Saturday. Our first ferry on a Saturday is 7am, which should get us there just after 10am, and ready for a cuppa!
    Did the red route on the tandem last year, it about killed us! Will be solo this time.
    Looking forward to a good gathering. Do we all have to wear name badges with our real and forum names so we know each other?

Rob

simonralli2
    Free Member

Rob – more than enough room for you guys I can assure you!

Craig – maybe is no good to me 😀 Be sure to come back and let us know when you've inked it in your diary as a definite!

forge197
    Free Member

I will be there for Saturday's and Sunday's ride. Judging by my Dalbeattie performance this afternoon I will be a back marker, hoping to improve that through the week if possible!!

simonralli2
    Free Member

Getting the excuses in now ay Forge? 😀 Well there is nothing for anyone to wory about since the pace will definitely be easy going.

Will MrsForge be making an appearance at all?

forge197
    Free Member

Of course just setting the expectation.

Mrs F will be in attendance though suspect she'll be on a mix of red, blue and fireroad but heading over to McMoab.

davy-g
    Free Member

hiya all..

Have just registered with STW and saw this post.. if it's OK with everyone I would like to tag along, as Kirrie is my local route… am a 52 year fa*t but i will do my best to keep up…. ;-), will be sore from the previous day tho as i will have done Ae forest if the weather stays fine..wont be doing Dalbeatie on the Sunday tho (I know my physical limitations…LOL)

simonralli2
    Free Member

Davy G – Hi – yeah – will be great to see you and to give you an idea of pace, Haddock and I did Dalbeattie in 5 hours which isn't exactly what you would call electrifying. I am off to Ae on Tuesday. Am not riding on Friday to save my legs and just doing a little Mabie ride on Thursday to limber up.

Forge – excellent – will be nice to say hello again to Mrs Forge.

davy-g
    Free Member

Cheers Simon.

look forward to it…I have the Red @ Kirrie down to 92 mins, Think the record for it is 48 mins, that speed is just way outa my league…
    will catch up with you at the sign at the start of the route.

Davy

Trekster

Quick roundup of who is riding;

SimonRalli(Sat/Sun)
    Trekster(Sat/Sun)
    househusband(Sat/Sun)
    Radoggair(????)
    davy-g(Sat)
    forge197(Sat/Sun)
    mrsforge197(Sat/Sun?)
    craig1975(Sat)
    tandemwarriors+???(Sat)
    Electrowoman(Sun)

am a 52 year fa*t but i will do my best to keep up

Just a daft yoof then 😉

Think the record for it is 48 mins

Bruce McCleary?

btw Sam at the bike shop says pop in for a look round and a chat.
    So if you see a big guy drinking coffee, standing near a big brown Kona fs bike , that`s me 😆

Kit
    Free Member

SimonRalli(Sat/Sun)
    Trekster(Sat/Sun)
    househusband(Sat/Sun)
    Radoggair(????)
    davy-g(Sat)
    forge197(Sat/Sun)
    mrsforge197(Sat/Sun?)
    craig1975(Sat)
    tandemwarriors+???(Sat)
    Electrowoman(Sun)

Kit (Sat/Sun)

😉

simonralli2
    Free Member

Can't believe you missed the mighty Kit!

Kit – do you fancy coming out for a Chinese on Saturday night? Was thinking we could maybe go for a meal and something in Dumfries.

Garry_Lager

I'd love to join you for one of the days – probably Dalbeattie as I've not ridden that before. Pencil me in and I'll confirm later in the week – Hope to be there.

Kit
    Free Member

"Mighty" ha ha!

Yes, I could definitely be tempted for a meal on Saturday night! No drinkies though, but count me in for the food.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Gary – hi – yeah – Dalbeattie is one of the lesser ridden Stanes but is a fantastic day's ride.

So here is the updated list so far, TBC later in the week

Kit (Sat/Sun)
    Gary Lager (Sun tbc)
    SimonRalli(Sat/Sun)
    Trekster(Sat/Sun)
    househusband(Sat/Sun)
    Radoggair(tbc)
    davy-g(Sat)
    forge197(Sat/Sun)
    mrsforge197(Sat/Sun?)
    craig1975(Sat)
    tandemwarriors+???(Sat)
    Electrowoman(Sun)

And from the first thread but have not yet replied to this one

Fotheringthomas + friends (tbc)
    KennyP and darkside friends saying hello to us in the Kirrie car park?
    Militant_biker (tbc)
    Thisisnotaspoon (dependent on lift up?)
    GrumpyStevo (tbc)
    Duggie Style (tbc)
    McMoonter (tbc)

scotabroad

Simon – I am keen to do one of the days (prob Sunday), will let you or Trekster know later in the week.

Cheers

S

simonralli2
    Free Member

Scotabroad – well looks like it will be quite a modest night out in Dumfries, so if you do make it on the Sunday I am sure you will find us Doonhammers bang up for a second top ride.

Oh and looking at Yahoo, it only has the weather up till Friday. Seems to be picking up as of Wednesday so let's hope that it stays that way for the weekend ay?

Trekster

Simon..scotabroad stays in Moffat Rd, one of us 😛
    Stew..Electrowoman stays a couple of doors up from you, the yellow/black Smart car, next to B&B. Will forward her e-mail

Sorry "Mighty" Kit…night shift goggles on 🙄 We get to ride together at last ❗

Gary-Lager…will show you the "real" D`beattie 😉

craig1975
    Free Member

Simon – ill be there on Saturday, it'll be my first time on a treck with a big group, I usually do solo rides, so defo looking forward to it, would like to do Sunday to…. but I'm pushing it with the Mrs 😉

btw i'm a doonhamer too

simonralli2
    Free Member

Craig – hi – excellent. I've only been on two big rides ever, so yeah, it'll be awesome. No probs if you can't make it Sunday. At least you have a Mrs to push it with which is good.

rickmeister

There will be 10 of us from our local club out of Edinburgh…. well there is 9 and a spare space if anyone is up for it. We have booked lodges near Newton Stewart one of which will be the drinking / party lodge…. Its inevitable that e will get tangled up with you at some stage! Black T5 in the carpark, that will be us….

simonralli2
    Free Member

Rick – cool – see you guys there. Is a T5 a Volvo estate at all?

Si

andrewy33
    Free Member

I might be able to join in the Dalbeattie ride.

Trekster

T5 is a magic big VW van Simon. Something every biker should have 😆

Welcome andrew 🙂

simonralli2
    Free Member

Trekster – how dare you!!! How could you?? Surely every self-respecting mountain biker needs a Vauxhall Meriva 😀

Yes Andrew – would be great to see you on this rocky ride where I try not to hurt myself any more than I did at Kirroughtree. I still have tender spots on my bum and arm if I press on them – do you think I've cracked my bones or something? 🙁

househusband

There will be 10 of us from our local club out of Edinburgh….

rickmeister; which club is that – is it primarily a road club?

craig1975
    Free Member

Simon – Sunday's looking good too, ha my powers of persuasion 😀 so wheres the party on Saturday night then??

simonralli2
    Free Member

Craig – I thought about the Chinese by the Burns Statue. Alternatively we could go to the "Robert the Bruce" but that can get quite busy. Once I know numbers on Friday I can book a table.

I can't eat anything with spices so am not going to suggest an Indian.

And then maybe we can go to the Hole in the Wall and I'll sing Wonderwall on the karaoke and you'll actually realise I'm not that bad a singer after all 😀 Actually my friend KJ is doing a live PA on Saturday so luckily for everyone even if I put a song in I wouldnt get a look in for ages, so am sure we can go to somewhere classy like The Granary for an apres meal tipple.

There's also that pub with the seats from a coach but it isnt really fab huh?

And then on to Chancers or Jumpin Jacks!

rickmeister

Indeed Trekster, it is thus….

We are a club from Edinburgh, all of us do MTB though one of the crew is biking down there fuelled only by pies…..

daveb
    Free Member

I had hoped to see some of you down there, was hoping to go down with the Edinburgh club but unfortunately cant make the Saturday. Should be at Mabie with them on the Sunday though, not a lot of use as you guys will be at Dalbeattie 😆

simonralli2
    Free Member

Daveb – get em over to Dalbeattie!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 120 total)

The topic ‘Roll Call for the STW Forum Ride 26th/27th Sept – Kirroughtree and Dalbeattie’ is closed to new replies.