Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Roku boxes
  • spawnofyorkshire

I’m interested in getting one for the bedroom for iplayer et al, but also to control it with my phone and play content from it and a media server

Had a quick look at Now tv boxes and they’re a bit too limited for my liking without hacking which i CBA to do

So what’s the experience like of using them? How good is at streaming over DLNA, Plex etc

Should i just buy the cheapo LT box or is it worth investing in one of the other ones?

cheers

Spawn

john_drummer
    Free Member

I’ve got the LT box and it’s fine. Only use it for Netflix at the mo but there are other channels available

afrothunder88

I had a 2 XS for a while, only used it for Netflix and Plex. The Netflix app is pretty good.

Did not like the Plex app at all, the interface is horrible, looks about 10 years old, coming from XBMC and skins I lasted about 3 weeks before I couldn’t stand navigating/looking at it. Its also slow and not intuitive. Which is a shame because it uses so little power. I also had issues with Plex Media server in that it kept hanging and keeping my server awake when it should’ve been asleep.

The £49.99 deal from eBuyer for the 2XS is a bargain at the moment.

brassneck

I use an LT for Plex served from a Mac (this may be important re: above experience). It works a treat, especially the transcoding.

As far as I know though, a Sky NOW is just a rebranded LT so you might as well get one of them for 9.99 – someone on here confirmed installing the Plex client on it.

I have iphone/pad and android apps to control it but 9/10 I use the remote.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Roku boxes’ is closed to new replies.