Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Rohloff oils group buy
  • willsimmons
    Free Member

As posted here I have some Rohloff oil that I thought people of the forum might be interested in having. I realise it is a bit cheeky to put it in the bike forum but I don't think anyone will ever see it in the classifieds and there seem to be a fair number of Rohloff users on the forum who could benefit.

I either have one 250 ml portion of each left or could split that into 2*125 ml portions. Contact me if you are interested.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

as previously mentioned, I have loads left, about 900ml of each, and some kind person gave me some bottles to put it in too 🙂

snaps
    Free Member

So selling any then SFB?

bassspine
    Free Member

OOI, how many people have Rohloff-equipped bikes?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

So selling any then SFB?

that was the idea, seems to work out at £2 for 125ml of each + postage (@ cost)

snaps
    Free Member

that was the idea, seems to work out at £2 for 125ml of each + postage (@ cost)

Put me down for 250ml of each then – email in profile

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

sorry, I made a mistake, the refills are 25ml each, not 125ml! I got a litre of each oil for ~ £80 and that's enough for 40 refills. Duuuh!

avdave2

So I take it it's gone has it? Only did an oil change on Sunday so Won't be needing it for a while again but at that price I would have been intrested. It does seem crazy that you have to jump from 25ml to a litre buying it retail.

willsimmons
    Free Member

avdave2 I've not sold mine yet. Have contacted snaps as I wasn't entirely sure whether he was speaking about my oil or sfbs – who seems to have piggybacked on the back of my thread nicely….

Do you want first refusal if snaps doesn't want it?

I will also mention that the oil I'm selling is the latest Rohloff blend which has a wider temperature range than the older Rohloff oil. Now good for -15 to +60 C. I was having issues with the old oil becoming too viscous and causing shifting problems in the cold snap we recently had.

avdave2

yes I'll take first refusal on that. daveatmmpproductionscouk Work can take the spam. As I say I'm in no rush as I've only just done a change so give snaps time to come back to you but I'll certainly have it if he doesn't want it.

willsimmons
    Free Member

Ok. I will let you know either way.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

sorry, I wasn't trying to muscle in, it was just I saw you didn't have much of the oil left, and I do, but mine is 2 years old so will not have the same temperature range…

willsimmons
    Free Member

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Rohloff oils group buy’ is closed to new replies.