Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Rockshox xloc failure and bleed kit help please
  • Makore
    Free Member

The hydraulic lockout on my new reba xx forks has failed due to oil leakage. It appears to be leaking from the banjo type joint on top of the fork crown. Has anyone come across this before?
    I thought I might try bleeding first before sending them back, if its quick and easy – although I’m not optimistic. I can borrow a bleed kit for avid brakes but don’t know if this is the same fitting. Any ideas?

coatesy
    Free Member

No point in bleeding it until you’ve sorted the leak. Certainly wouldn’t recommend using the same bleed kit as you use for brakes, DOT in your forks/fork oil in your brakes(no matter how minimal)may well destroy the seals.

Makore
    Free Member

Unfortunately I think I will have to send them back straight away as from what I can see there are no user servicable parts at the banjo connection. I was hoping to ride the bike over the next few days – bleeding might have allowed me to get a few hours out of them. I was planning clean syringes and pipes, just the fittings I need. Having looked at the pictures on the sram/avid site though they look different. Thanks for the help and advice coatesy. Has you heard of anyone else having similar problems with the xloc?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox xloc failure and bleed kit help please’ is closed to new replies.