Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • rockshox reba race – can’t turn external floodgate
  • pjbarton
    Free Member

help.

just bought a boardman pro (so, halfords!) – i can’t turn the external floodgate.
    Does anyone know any issues like this?

I phoned halfords (nottingham) a day or so after I got the bike – they said they’d sort it.
    Now they’re saying they’ll send it for repair. not sure how happy I am about something not working from new not being replaced – any thoughts?

paul

pjbarton
    Free Member

heeelp!

jonb
    Free Member

My revelations have a small grub screw that needs to be released before you can turn the motion control.

TheDoog
    Free Member

I’d demand new forks but im guessing Halfords wont have em in stock cos they’re most likely OEM’s. Which is why i’m guessing they want to get them repaired.

odannyboy
    Free Member

i have same bike and same prob.the gold small knob seems to turn at same time as blue lockout wheel, but not seperatly? is it me? i looked briefly through the manual but cant say i know why?
    love to know whats what.i cant think there both broken.it must be a way of doing it.

TheDoog
    Free Member

I had motion control on an old pair of boxxers and both blue and gold move seperately if your holding both independantly or together if you just hold blue. I could never figure out what gold really did anyway!!

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

You just need to use a little pressure. The floodgate knob is stiff on some of the Rebas, I used a pair of needlenose pliers on mine which worked a treat and it freed up immediately. Dont go crazy though!!

pjbarton
    Free Member

odannyboy – sounds exactly the same.

my lockout is actually blowing off at about where i’d want it but i’d like to have a play…

bigdugsbaws – did yours then loosen a bit or do you always have to use pliers?

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

No it loosened and worked perfectly smoothly afterwards, no need to take your pliers on a ride 😉

Think it is a common problem, I posted a question on MTBR forums about the same thing.

pjbarton
    Free Member

cheers bigdugsbaws – i’m off for a fettle

pjbarton
    Free Member

cheers bigdugsbaws – i’m off for a fettle

pjbarton
    Free Member

two fettles apparently.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Did it work?

pjbarton
    Free Member

nope solid. brand new forks need fixing then!

i somehow got 09 reba race on an 08 bike… hmmm?

RicB

i’ve seen quite a few posts on this recently. It seems the floodgate knob does need a bit of a yank clockwise to get it going. Wrap a bit of old inner tube around it and try using pliers?

Quite a few posts over on mtbr.com if you search their forums.

retro83
    Free Member

bit of a yank clockwise

anti-clockwise on mine (09 revs) it came fully closed

RicB

Hmmm, that’s interesting.

pjbarton – does the fork lockout when you turn the blue dial fully clockwise? If it does, turn the gold floodgate knob anticlockwise.

odannyboy
    Free Member

it does lockout when turned clockwise.
    thing is my gold and blue turn in unison.does this mean the floodgate is changing when i lockout the forks? (would i notice if they were locked-prob not i guess)

STATO
    Free Member

thing is my gold and blue turn in unison.does this mean the floodgate is changing when i lockout the forks?

No, they are supposed to move together when you turn the blue dial. The gold dial should still be adjustable tho, sounds like its just stuck at one end of its adjustment (common on adjusters when new due to the way they are put together). Break out those muscles ;0)

pjbarton
    Free Member

so, they turn in unison. but (i think) you should be able to hold blue in lockout (fully clock w), then adjust gold to alter when it blows off. It’s so solid!.. it’s also soft alloy – so I even took the alloy bits off so I could get to the steel underneath.. still no turny

odannyboy
    Free Member

tried the pliers trick and now it turns….cos i think ive rounded the knob out.great.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘rockshox reba race – can’t turn external floodgate’ is closed to new replies.