Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Rockshox Maxle Lite
  • peter1979
    Free Member

I managed to damage the flange of my front 15mm maxle lite when tightening up the other day, to the point its now unable to undo without pliers. The metal flange that the handle locates into is really thin and seemingly not compatible with my methods of working. I need to buy another and suprise suprise, they are not cheap. Around £40.

I’ve searched around and I have found that there seem to be 2 types. Both 15mm and 32mm chasis. One looks identical to the one I have but the other is called B1. Does anyone know what the difference is, apart from B1 is £5 more expensive? B1 appears to have a different lever assembly, maybe stronger perhaps?

http://www.roteccycles.co.uk/rockshox-maxle-lite-15mm-black–32mm–chassis-3564-p.asp

http://www.roteccycles.co.uk/rockshox-maxle-lite-15mm-black–32mm–chassis-b1-5773-p.asp

Pete

Crell
    Free Member

Isn’t it just that that one is the latest version (same as on my Pikes) ? Not sure about backwards compatibility though.

Simon

Mine and a friends 15mm Maxle broke away where the lever unscrews. We both filed a right angle back in and they work fine…….for now anyway.

slparsons
    Free Member

I did much the same as you; I found a replacement on CRC.

I asked the same question, I was told the 15mm is the Maxle diameter and the 32 related to the stanchion size (and hence the width).

The replacement unit is far better quality than the original IMO and goes someway to justify the expensive price.

peter1979
    Free Member

Apologies, the Maxle which I currently have seems to be the B1 model. The picture of the maxle lite on CRC (39.99) looks to be the same as the one I have, the bottom link of the 2 I provided. Which one is better of the 2, and will the other work? I have Revs, 2013. It says on the description it should work, but its the same description for both maxle’s.

hainman
    Free Member

I broke off the corners on mine after only a month or two from having my bike,Made out of Cheese,i filed it down to asquare edge and it worked,Then seen a bargain for new one at 25 quid,Yip bent that bugger too,so filed it down and just using it as it is,not spending more money when it will happen again

teasel
    Free Member

I wouldn’t use much more than finger strength to tighten. It only needs nipping up, the QR lever does the tightening.

devash
    Free Member

I wouldn’t use much more than finger strength to tighten. It only needs nipping up, the QR lever does the tightening.

This. Wondered why I was getting so much rotor rub on my new fork until the guys in the LBS told me that I was screwing in the Maxle too tight.

damascus
    Free Member

Mines just broken too after a year of use. Has anyone bought the newer style and do they rate it?

Should I just file mine down or purchase the newer version?

Thanks

Onzadog
    Free Member

Newer version fits the old stuff and is much nicer to use.

lornholio
    Free Member

The ones that come with current Revelations are really poor and bend at the notch where the handle sits while tightening hard. The ones that come with Pikes are much better; that’s the type you should look for.

damascus
    Free Member

Do you have to buy the whole thing or can you reuse the qr and just buy the maxle ?

Are rockshox 15mm maxles all the same? I run revalations, will a pike maxle fit?

Thanks

euain

I replaced my Revelation one with a Pike-style 15mm Maxle-lite. Worked fine.

peter1979
    Free Member

I went with the new version from the link I provided in the original post (top link). Much better quality than the original one supplied from new. Sturdy and easy to tighten up.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Maxle Lite’ is closed to new replies.