Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Rockshox domain tuning
  • ritchic
    Free Member

Hi Ive been using some domain 302s that I bought 2nd hand. I’m guessing that the spring needs changing as im just slightly under 15st an they seem a bit soft. But I did hear that changing the oil weights and amounts may help. Have tried searching but can’t find much.

Also when it gets really rough when riding they make a clicking noise. Which is slightly more than cables banging on frame or that kind of thing. It’s not the forks bottoming out I don’t think.

Cheers in advance

rob-jackson
    Free Member

mission control damper? Got a cheap ratty one you can shove in for £25

ritchic
    Free Member

Does it have to be out of a domain or will any others fit. If it has to be domain will a 180mm travel go in a 160mm

rob-jackson
    Free Member

its from a lyrik (160mm lyrik and 160mm domain are the same bar stanchions being steel)

ritchic
    Free Member

O rite ok so I’m after one from lyriks then

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Yes like the one on offer. The clicking is the spring inside the sanction

ritchic
    Free Member

Ha ha I misread your reply from earlier. I thought u said get 1 not you have got one. Where abouts are you based

warpcow
    Free Member

Will a Lyrik damper fit a Domain? I don’t think it will. The inner diameter of alu-stanchioned forks is usually narrower than steel ones. That was always the case with RS’s 32mm stanchion forks. Could be wrong about the bigger ones though.

chakaping
    Free Member

You might be able to get a Motion Control damper if yours doesn’t have that.

I’m sure TF Tuned told me the MoCo damper was the best you could do in a Domain, so I bought a Totem.

ritchic
    Free Member

No mine only have rebound control that is all. I had heard about this before but not a clue what fits. If I’m honest I’d buy some fox or lyriks if I could find some 1 to buy my rebas an my domains

LoCo
    Free Member

From memory the moco is best damper you can fit as threads are different ( can tune the shim stack on mocks too 😉 ) Micos don’t work that well with standard rebound dampers anyway even if they do fit

ritchic
    Free Member

Ok so I’m after a motion control damper them would that have to be out of some domains

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox domain tuning’ is closed to new replies.