Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rock shox servicing
  • LabMonkey
    Free Member

Hello,

I have a pair of 29er SID XX carbons that are in need of a service and maybe some “fettling”. Where is considered to be the best place to send them these days?

Thanks

honourablegeorge

Loco Tuning gets good feedback on here. (apart form one daft conspiracy theory)

LoCo
    Free Member

Thanks, and for the last time I’m not Lord Lucan 😉

Superficial
    Free Member

If they’ve not been serviced for a while, send them away. As above, Loco seems to have a good rep, he certainly sounds knowledgable on here, anyway.

But it’s definitely worth taking the time to learn how to do the quick service yourself. Lowers off / clean / replace bath oil. Takes 10 mins once you’re confident and makes the forks feel instantly nicer, plus no doubt it keeps the forks happier for longer. My advice would be to do that pretty regularly (say, after every 20 hours of riding) but don’t mess with the damping / spring internals unless the forks develop a problem.

LabMonkey
    Free Member

Thanks – will give Loco a shout.

z1ppy

Loco gets a lot of love on here, for good reason, but I will recommend an alternative as Loco can be busy, that and he’s also very good too.. J-tech Suspension

jairaj

I’ve used TF Tuned before who were fine.

But recently used Loco because Simon was very willing to discus a few options with me before hand.

monkeyboyjc

I’ve had no problem with TF is the past and I’d recommend them – but the costs lead me to learning how to do it myself – you can buy all the tools required for less than half the cost.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Rock shox servicing’ is closed to new replies.