Home Forums Chat Forum Rob Burrow

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Rob Burrow
    theotherjonv

Oh man; just seen news on twitter that Rob Burrow has passed.

Very sad.

sc-xc

Just read it on BBC. Sad news, RIP

joelowden

Very sad 😕

grahamt1980

Ah nuts,  but what a guy.  What he achieved despite the disease.

fatmax

RIP Rob.

A warrior of a man – what an impact he (and Kevin Sinfield) has made. A truly awful disease 😢

frankconway

RIP.

His memory will live on through Kevin Sinfield; if only more people could have such an incredible best mate.

ads678

RIP Rob. A true warrior and gent.

iamtheresurrection

Rob, Kevin and Rob’s wife have proved themselves to be hard as nails.  Inspirational is a word that get’s thrown around too cheaply sometimes, but their attitude over the past couple of years really has been.

RIP Rob.

Philby

As a Rhinos fan I had the privilege of watching Rob mesmerize defences many times, including his last game when he helped overwhelm Castleford in the 2017 Grand Final! He was a pint-sized giant of rugby league. His inspirational strength and positivity in living with MND should be an example to us all! RIP Rob 😢

fenderextender
    Free Member

One heck of a bloke. RIP.

😢

chestrockwell

Top bloke and a great player in the best Rhinos team. RIP Rob.

el_boufador

Amazing what Rob and Kevin Sinfield achieved.

RIP

Caher

Poor guy and family; looked like an amazing sportsman taken in his retirement prime by this terrible disease.

Poopscoop

41, 41. Brutal disease.☹️

scud
    Free Member

I was absolutely gutted when i heard this, was lucky enough to play against Rob on two occasions when i moved up north and switched from playing union to league to fund my way through uni. He seemed tiny on the pitch compared to most, but character shone through.

I think what i’ll take from all of this though, is what a brilliant friendship him and Kevin Sinfield had, if we all have a mate like that, then we’ve done alright in life.

I hope he finds some release from that horrible disease.

desperatebicycle

I used to watch a lot of RL when Rob was in his prime, what a phenomenon he was. I don’t know why it upset me so much, but seeing him later and what MND had done to him just made me break down, every time. The way his family coped with it was a example to us all. I hope they’ve coped with his passing as well. Amazing people.

fs1e

Awful news. He was a real inspiration

nbt

Never liked Leeds, but always had huge respect for Rob Burrow.

Coyote
    Free Member

As a Wigan fan I’d be lying if I said what a pleasure it was to watch him play against us. But what a player! Smallest guy out there with amazing skills and attitude. Absolutely awful what he had to endure but hopefully his family and friends can find some comfort that he’s suffering no more.

RIP Rob.

theotherjonv

He was a real inspiration

Is. It would be wrong to think his legacy dies with him – I’m pretty sure Rob and his best mate will continue to inspire and fund raise to treat and beat this dreadful disease.

scuttler

Some really great testaments on Nicky Campbell 5 Live this morning 1030-1100. Rob, his family and Kevin will have created a phenomenal legacy.

cheese@4p

RIP Rob, a massive inspiration to all MND sufferers

spawnofyorkshire

‘Don’t waste a moment’ – Rob Burrow’s final message

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/crgg4m707x1o

RIP #7

Philby

If you didn’t see it on BBC1 at 8.30 this evening (it wasn’t listed on some of schedules) there’s a moving tribute to Rob Burrow which will be worth watching on iPlayer. It may get very dusty – it certainly did for me 😢

robertajobb

Very sad indeed. Dreadful.

I do fear for his and the next generation of players, as this nasty nasty disease impacts more.  Doddy, Rob,  Ed Slater in the earlier stages of it too (another top bloke aflicted by it).

convert

As above, I’d urge you to watch this. You can’t watch it without coming away with such admiration for him and his family. And Kevin Sinfield. Very humbling.

There’s Only One Rob Burrow: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0020bp1 via @bbciplayer

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.