Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Roadie question (sorry)
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

And when does anything important happen that needs phone? Knock on a door.

I can go miles without passing a door to knock on on most road rides I do.

All my stuff goes in jersey pockets. Tube, tyre lever, mini tool in one, pump/spare clothes in another, any food for long rides in both side pockets. Phone in plastic bag in zipped pocket

Why do you a penknife with you? Only possible reason I can think of would be to dig glass out a tyre? Not something I’ve ever needed a penknife for on a ride though.

Solo
    Free Member

Everything in the 3 rear pockets of the Jersey. Saddle bags are not allowed. Only use water bottles for water or some other fluid for drinking. One or two bottles for rides upto 50 miles long. For rides over 50 miles in length, have someone follow you in their car to hand you additional bottles as you ride. Preferably someone you know.

Got that ?

😉

warton
    Free Member

And when does anything important happen that needs phone? Knock on a door.

aah, yeah I should have just done that when my mate smashed his pelvis into 16 pieces two years ago. Of course I didn’t know where, or how far the nearest house was, but I should have just told him to wait there for an hour or so while I go off to knock on a door, while he’s screaming in agony. silly me.

oldgit
    Free Member

The risks we took in the 60/70/80s without even knowing it.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Back then you were probably not too far away from a pay phone. Remember those? 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

Good God yes 🙂 I’d forgotten. Still I never ever got collected when something went wrong. Memorable moments getting home just before midnight after a long walk, and eating grass at the side of the A41 when I was 14 and too tired to move.
    Lessons learnt, be careful and keep the bike tip top.

hooli

I am still new to road riding but I don’t like the feeling of too much weight in the jersey pockets. It this just a bad fit of the jersey (anything too tight makes me feel claustrophobic.) or something to get used to?

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Roadie question (sorry)’ is closed to new replies.