Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • Roadie Caps
  • richardthird

The Rapha ones are hilarious imo

plus-one

I wear a roadie cap religiously under road lid or mtb lid feel naked without one now 😆

Yes to all the rain/sun/sweat etc but it also stops you destroying helmet pads with sweat !!!

rusty90
    Free Member

The Rapha ones are hilarious

Just leave the price tag on, that’ll give everyone a good laugh.

Solo
    Free Member

Sometimes slip one on when I’m smoking a fat cigar.
    😯

I’m growing tired of people quoting ‘the rules’

warton
    Free Member

Prendas, 4 quid a pop. the only place I buy them from

Prnadas hats

brakes
    Free Member

solo, is that Rule #73?

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

brakes – Member

[url=http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/#5]rule #5[/url], blossom

Solo
    Free Member

Just leave the price tag on, that’ll give everyone a good laugh.

Not to worry. They’ve just increased the free postage threshold from £150 to £200. Yes, now its free postage on orders over £200.
    Suppose you could always order a spare cap to avoid the postage charges….

brakes
    Free Member

rule #5, blossom

thanks for exercising rule #19 there blossom

Solo
    Free Member

solo, is that Rule #73?

No, its a picture of a lolcat.
    😐

rule #5, blossom Buttercup
    😆

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Why all the Rapha hate? They’re targeting a certain part of the market and they seem to be doing a good job at it. If you don’t want or can’t spend £40 £30 on a cap, don’t. But don’t come on the internet and bitch about it.

Solo
    Free Member

thanks for exercising rule #19 there blossom

Failed attempt at rule #43

Solo
    Free Member

If you don’t want feel as if someone is taking the piss or can’t spend £40 £30 on a cap, don’t. But don’t come on the internet and bitch about it.

Here:

nickc

I don’t necessarily ‘hate’ Rapha, but they do seem to take themselves very very seriously. Then, as they are successful, other companies tend to follow the market trends and market leaders, all of a sudden it’s moody black and white advertising featuring overly earnest man and women with 1000 yard stares and solo 150mile rides in the rain

It’s a bit, yknow, dour

nemesis
    Free Member

Rule 99, you muppets!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

It wasn’t just you trolling Solo. But carry on, might want to see someone about that chip on your shoulder though 😉

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

rapha come across as taking themselves way too seriously, consequently so do some of their wearers. That combined with their pricing and faux heritage makes them ripe for p1ss taking.

To be fair, around Oxfordshire many of the Zappi kitted riders I see make Rapha riders look positively joyful and welcoming.

adsh
    Free Member

Have free Morvelo cap that I try to use under road helmet for sun glare avoidance but it’s either too low or helmet rides to high on head.

It helps me feel superior/look like a **** – I suspect the latter.

Solo
    Free Member

It wasn’t just you trolling Solo. But carry on, might want to see someone about that chip on your shoulder though

Ah, I think I see your problem. You appear not to understand the phrase “I don’t give a shit”.

atlaz
    Free Member

Jahvahaah is for you then…

We like our rides like we like our fonts. Sans serif. If we have something to say, we will say it in Helvetica overlaid on a picture of us looking off into the distance, pretending that our photographer didn’t just say, “Look off into the distance like you’re thinking deeply about something!”

ads678

Keeps your head warm when it’s cold. – Buff
    Keeps rain out of your eyes whens it’s raining. – Glasses
    Keeps sun out of your eyes when it’s sunny. – Sunglasses
    Keeps sweat out of your eyes when it’s hot. – I’ll give you that one but there must be other ways that make you look like a muppet! 😉

Solo
    Free Member

That combined with their pricing and faux heritage makes them ripe for p1ss taking.

What ? you mean…
    http://internationale.teamjva.com/
    😯

Ah, shuckz. Beaten to it by Atlaz

EDIT:
    http://internationale.teamjva.com/product/jva-3d-team-cap-w-3d-glasses/

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Do you make an effort to be a **** Solo or does it come naturally? 😉

Solo
    Free Member

Do you make an effort to be a **** Solo or does it come naturally?

bikebouy
    Free Member

nickc – Member
    I don’t necessarily ‘hate’ Rapha, but they do seem to take themselves very very seriously

Life is serious Son, life is. 😆

annebr
    Free Member

I spent £30 £39 on a hat. It’s a tweed one. 😛

michaelmcc
    Free Member

I much prefer a Buff. Same function and look waaay better surely?!

nickc

I much prefer a Buff. Same function and make me look waaay better like a pirate. surely?!

S’ok, you’re among friends 🙂

warton
    Free Member

Keeps your head warm when it’s cold. – Buff
    Keeps rain out of your eyes whens it’s raining. – Glasses
    Keeps sun out of your eyes when it’s sunny. – Sunglasses
    Keeps sweat out of your eyes when it’s hot. – I’ll give you that one but there must be other ways that make you look like a muppet!

Why take 4 items onto the bike, when you can take one 🙂

Gary_M
    Free Member

The Rapha ones are hilarious imo

If you think this is funny then you need to get out more.

richardthird

I actually LOVE the way Rapha is just a massive piss take of gullible fools.

Bloke turned up to our local sportive having spent probably £millions to become a mobile pink advertising hoarding for them. Asked if any public toilets about, as the portaloos were ‘ghastly’. Nobber. Bet that’s not what he wanted a cottage for anyway.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Bloke turned up to our local sportive having spent probably £millions to become a mobile pink advertising hoarding for them. Asked if any public toilets about, as the portaloos were ‘ghastly’. Nobber. Bet that’s not what he wanted a cottage for anyway.

Don’t really understand what you’re on about but are you always so judgmental?

And what does this ‘Bet that’s not what he wanted a cottage for anyway’ mean?

What clothes do you wear on the bike?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Asked if any public toilets about, as the portaloos were ‘ghastly’. Nobber.

I agree with him, I hate using a portaloo at cycling events after all the energy bar munching Mamils have been through them.

nickc

Makes mental note to use the word Ghastly more often

shedbrewed
    Free Member

There are some frightful prudes here.

tomhoward

I much prefer a Buff. Same function and make me look waaay better like a pirate. surely?!

Not as much as the Il Pirata bandana Rapha are giving away (you know what I mean) with the Pantani tribute jersey.

I will not say if I own this.

oldgit
    Free Member

I have some and wear them whenever I want to. Best in the rain, but I like to pop one on when I’ve had a few….God knows why?

They have been and always will be a steaming heap of…………..

But here’s me wearing caps and I think I look pretty great.
    Sun..

and rain

stevious

Oldgit – you do look awesome. Seriously hope I’m in as good shape as you when I get older.

Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Roadie Caps’ is closed to new replies.