Road overbootee recommendation

Home Forum Bike Forum Road overbootee recommendation

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Road overbootee recommendation
  • jemima

My feet got mightily cold and wet at the weekend on the road bike.
    There is such a baffling array of overshoes available. Anybody got any favourites they can recommend? Ta.

BBB Heavy Duty. Not 100% waterproof but your feet will be so warm you won’t mind if they’re wet!

I have these craft ones:

Clicky

Been really good, also fit over my mtb shoes as they don’t have a bottom.

I’ve tried:

– Endura Dexter – good for cooler days, look nice, but not waterproof at all.

– Endura MT500 – like the BBB’s above, warm, but not completely waterproof. Well made and tough.

– GripGrab Hammerhead – reviews said excellent, feet still get wet. No better than MT500 for waterproofing and have fallen apart within a month. Avoid.

Still searching for something better.

slowjo

I have had Endura MT500. As above but as usual for Endura the zip is pants and they skimp on the velcro.

Shimano Pro – very similar to the above but the zips started to undo from the bottom up. The fabric is smoother than the Enduro and shreds easily.

Both pairs had a tendency for the ‘nose’ to flip up and sit on top of the shoe.

Have a brand new pair of Northwave waiting to be used.

I read somewhere that it is possibly a good idea to layer your overshoes. First of all, put a thin pair on first, then put the heavy duty outer layer on top. Haven’t tried it but the theory appears sound.

jemima

Thanks y’all. I was worried about the durability of some of them…

Premier Icon monkeyp
    Subscriber

BBB Waterflex are good. Had mine for years. Completely waterproof. Just wish they did them in a flouro colour rather than black.

eulach

I recommend the Planet X Flanders Autumn bundle. Not only overshoes but also three pairs of very comfy socks, toasty gloves and a silly yellow hat. Use it as a trial and later buy expensive overshoes with the bits you did and without the bits you didn’t, like. They do say Planet X in very big reflective lettering though.

trailmoggy

I use toe covers and endura neoprene overshoes over the top

trail_rat

If your mt500s nose is flipping up your doing it very very wrong and definantly need to stop walking on them.

Although mines are four years old and a bit buggered.

Looking at northwave h20 next

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Road overbootee recommendation’ is closed to new replies.