Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Road bike seat post collar to lock at correct saddle height
  • alanf
    Free Member

I think someone posted something recently in a similar vain, but I can’t seem to track it down.

I have a PX black head post that came with an additional collar that can be held at the correct saddle height on the seatpost so if it is removed it can be replaced again at the correct height without 2 much faff.

Is there anything similar that could be used or a similar product out there?

scotroutes

A bit of tape?

nickdavies

Black duck tape.
    You cant see it, it does the job and the next time you find yourself in need of a quick repair, it’s there on the seatpost.

scaredypants

Rorschach
    Free Member

What size post? Ive got a 31.6mm one somewhere I think.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Fizik do a silicone seat collar. Obviously if you pushed the post it would move but it does stay in place pretty well.

cp

Zip this works great for me.

Or a little scratch in the post.

alanf
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions.
    I know there are other options but the PX one works really well so I was looking to see if there was something similar out there, although it seems not judging by the lack of options being put forward.

Rorschach – it’s a 27.2 post but thanks for the offer.

I’ll investigate the suggestions above

onandon
    Free Member

I just pop a large Oring on the post. Does the job 🙂

JoeG
    Free Member

Something like this?

Other/nicer double seat clamps are available, too.

padkinson
    Free Member

They’re made as a normal seatpost collar, but don’t have a lip at the top so can be used to clamp on the seatpost to hold your place. They weigh bugger all and are nice and shiny and pretty.

http://www.xcracer.com/shop/viewproduct.php?productid=259

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Road bike seat post collar to lock at correct saddle height’ is closed to new replies.