Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Rivi current conditions?
  • hora
    Free Member

I’m guessing hard packed ice and snow?

robj20
    Free Member

Nope, its mostly clear was very dry last night ground solid. The odd patch of ice.

hora
    Free Member

Really? 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

George’s lane no longer like an ice rink?

Might sneak out tonight if ground’s all nice and frozen.

hora
    Free Member

I’ll be going up tomorrow (game on tonight). Let me know?? 🙂

xherbivorex
    Free Member

it looked decent and rideable last night from photos on the rivington MTB facebook page, and if it’s owt like the MNPR Rammy ride was then it’ll be ideal. as long as you keep off the ice rivers on the bridleways and whatnot; where there’s still a decent covering of snow, it’s pretty grippy and loads of fun!

Bregante

as long as you keep off the ice rivers on the bridleways

It’s the ones running down the edges of the road you need to watch out for 👿

edward2000
    Free Member

Hora what time are you going?

robj20
    Free Member

I might be there again tomorrow night. Some of the pics on the facebook page are mine. It was perfect conditions IMO.

hora
    Free Member

Was hoping to get up there after 5.30

binners

It’s frozen solid on the tops. We had a brilliant ride last night. Returned with not a spy of mud on us!

But Rivi is open moorland. And it’s well documented how much you hate that 😛

hora
    Free Member

I know but its my second ever proper night ride. Break myself in gently. On my first was up there too with you guys.

duncancallum

Frozen.

The crofters would be a good mnpr…

Junkyard
    Free Member

Just got back its ok ish but georges lane is an ice ring and I would avoid the Ice cream run or anywhere where water runs = wildes wood as well though I did not ride it
    Pike was rideable and two lads [ snow there though] was fine Healey nab was ok but approach road was icy and almost unwalkable never mind ridable I stayed on the cheeky lowish stuff in the main but I was solo and I did not fancy an off.

It will be Ok basically but some sections will be sketchy as.

duncancallum

See you rode it. I just step out the back gate…

Junkyard
    Free Member

???

wittonweavers
    Free Member

The crofters would be a good mnpr…

Leadership is not exclusive! If you fancy organising a night then shout up! The more people that lead then the better and more varied it will be for everyone else…

hora
    Free Member

Cheers Junkyard and others. I think I’ll wait abit. I really dont want to comedown hard on ice and ruin riding for when the weather starts picking up.

hora
    Free Member

I guess not much will have changed? I’m itching to get out on my bike. Sick of riding the **** **** commuting **** thing to work.

robj20
    Free Member

I will be up there tonight. Perfect conditions.

hora
    Free Member

I will also be there with my ducktape, cable-ties and soothing voice.

hora
    Free Member

Why put that low tree on the ice cream run? It almost pulled my head torch off 😆

Robj20 did you go up?

robj20
    Free Member

Yes, was a late one for me didn’t get there until 10:30. Started getting very cold.

hora
    Free Member

BTW- on the descent off Rivi Pike- when did the second bit become evil slithering mud? 😯

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

hora – Member
    Why put that low tree on the ice cream run? It almost pulled my head torch off

You’re keeping too far to the left if it’s the same one my mate was wiped out by.

Re the slippy Pike if you mean the rutted part towards the bottom it’s been like that for a few weeks now, had an off on that bit early New Years morning. I’m blaming my new gopro for my new found habit of falling off.

Has anyone done San Marino in the current conditions? I imagine it will be fairly icey given the lack of sun on that side.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Rivi current conditions?’ is closed to new replies.