Viewing 40 posts - 10,321 through 10,360 (of 10,476 total)
  • Rishi! Sunak!
  • Poopscoop

^^ lol, excellent trolling. 👍😁

squirrelking
    Free Member

@ratherbeintobago Scotland will already be on holiday by that point. Can’t speak for Wales or NI.

Sandwich

Steve Bray.

The hero we need!

Labour have no plan, says the chap outside his front door without a brolly.

ratherbeintobago

@squirrelking I had it in my head Scotland was two weeks before England at both ends of the holiday – do they finish the Friday before the election? IIRC NI and Wales aren’t that different to England.

kimbers

Do they even have candidates ready to replace all those standing down?

martinhutch

Anyway, that sounded like a resignation speech.

Exactly this. It was an attempt at a legacy speech, not a ‘here’s what we’ll do next’ speech. It’s fabulous, he’s not there to campaign properly, to offer a vision, to engage with the public. He’s there to do the bare minimum over the next six weeks and then disappear.

kelvin

do they finish the Friday before the election?

Mostly. Some a full week before the election, Wed 26th.

IIRC NI and Wales aren’t that different to England.

https://www.education-ni.gov.uk/articles/school-holidays

Summer holiday begins 1 July 2025

Not that NI will have played any part in Sunak’s decision making.

moonsaballoon

Just listened to the news agents podcast and they suggested that the  only reason he would go for July is that he has finally realised there is no way back for the Tories and he wants it over and done with , if that’s the case I can’t imagine what energy he’ll bring to the campaign.

kelvin

The same horrible snarky energy he’s brought to all interviews in the last year… a complete turn off for voters, even those more inclined to vote Conservative in the past. His special take on self entitled fake upbeatness is painful to watch.

ratherbeintobago

Not the least of his failings as a politician is that the more the public see of him, the less they like him.

-50 approval rating takes some doing?

Kramer
    Free Member

I’m sure he’s fundamentally a decent guy. But he really needs to experience a bit of failure in his life.

somafunk

Just listened to the news agents podcast and they suggested that the  only reason he would go for July is that he has finally realised there is no way back for the Tories and he wants it over and done with

He wants to be settled in his tech-bro job in California before another British winter

Poopscoop

^^ His Mrs can stop paying her voluntary UK tax too.

The couple only made £108 million this year. Times are tough.

ernielynch

I’m sure he’s fundamentally a decent guy.

That’s a brave comment to make about a Tory politician on STW!

kimbers

GE launch still going well

kimbers

Playing a blinder latest

Poopscoop

It’s worth reflecting upon the cocaine dealers and sex workers that will be working late into the night both tonight and for the next 6 weeks.

These aren’t just tough times for Tory MP’s, we must remember that.

grahamt1980

Gove is going to be so deep in the marching powder,  one sneeze and it is going to look like a bag of flour exploded

finbar
    Free Member

All those poor MPs who thought they had another four months on the take, my heart bleeds 😀

Poopscoop

finbar
    Free Member
    All those poor MPs who thought they had another four months on the take 😀

Poor little luvs. No way even GB News can take them all in.

cheers_drive

They’ll be OK, after all they’ve spent 15 years making a world class benefits system to make sure no one slips through the cracks.

dissonance

Well I was miles off, confidently predicting an October GE..

As was I although given that his own mps seem to be going nuts about it I think it is excusable.

Somewhat odd decision.

martinhutch

D:Ream hits the top 10 of the iTunes UK chart…

binners

They think Sunak doesn’t care about them with his millions and his US home. “Selfish” a word I’ve heard a lot

Libertarian right wing Tory’s, devoted as they are to the cult of the individual, accusing anyone of being ‘selfish’ is absolutely priceless! 😂

Poopscoop

Libertarian right wing Tory’s

Hopefully none of them come down with anxiety or depression due to the GE and need time off, I mean, that’s just normal life stuff.

binners

Caroline Nokes on Peston is so smug, smarmy and blithely assured that she won’t lose her seat that she’s just taken over as the prime candidate I’d like to see have her own personal ‘Portillo Moment’ on July 4th

I do hope the voters of Southampton North do the honours

MoreCashThanDash

D:Ream hits the top 10 of the iTunes UK chart

Another reason to hate the Tories, not an earworm I wanted this morning

vlad_the_invader

not an earworm I wanted this morning

On the contrary, I’ve played that song at least three times since I saw Sunak’s announcement outside No.10 and I smile at the wet hair and the wet suit and the superb trolling…

Poor Rishi! 😆😆😆😆

fenderextender
    Free Member

His special take on self entitled fake upbeatness is painful to watch.

That encapsulates him for me. I don’t think he’s a decent bloke in the slightest.

kelvin

Nick Robinson slowly and simply taking him completely apart on Radio4 right now. He’s utterly done for.

Twodogs

They’re bonkers…some Tory MPs believe they can replace Sunak before Parliament is dissolved next Thursday, and then cancel the dissolution! 😂

jezzep

Nick Robinson slowly and simply taking him completely apart on Radio4 right now. He’s utterly done for.

This is fun listening 😉 It fills me with deep joy…

JeZ

binners

Nick Robinson slowly and simply taking him completely apart on Radio4 right now

Sunak just sounds like a malfunctioning droid, ignoring every question and endlessly repeating the same pre-prepared soundbites

He makes Theresa May sound spontaneous and charismatic

nickc

Playing a blinder latest

To not have the election in May, and then pull this stunt? I’m not surprised the Tories are furious with him. The man has zero political nous.

TiRed

Nick Robinson slowly and simply taking him completely apart on Radio4 right now

It’s all good, NHS waiting lists have fallen by errrrr…. 0.8% from only 7.6 to 7.54 million. Noise.

dissonance

To not have the election in May, and then pull this stunt? I’m not surprised the Tories are furious with him.

Depends if the story that he was told the votes of no confidence were mounting up and decided sod it lets go out with a bang is true or not. If so its more “you are furious now but just wait five minutes…”

pondo

That’s quite a listen. Starts about 8:10, if anyone wants their gob to be smacked.

binners

That was an absolute car crash! He really is awful at interviews isn’t he?

verses

The standing in the rain thing…  Didn’t they spend a fortune on a press briefing room a couple of years ago, any reason not to use that?

gobuchul
    Free Member

I’m sure he’s fundamentally a decent guy. But he really needs to experience a bit of failure in his life.

He increased his wealth by £120 million last year.

You can’t do that and be fundamentally decent. Your whole life is driven by greed.

Viewing 40 posts - 10,321 through 10,360 (of 10,476 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.