Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Rip off??
  • llamaknob
    Free Member

Why is the poc stuff so expensive?Is it me or does £44.99 seem a little steep for a pair of summer full fingered gloves?Over £150 for a helmet,they are nice but come on,are they taking the piss?

brodie
    Free Member

Ha, you just reminded me. I overtook a guy with a POC helmet at the FOD last weekend and he got all upset and shouty about it.

Spin
    Free Member

Ha, you just reminded me. I overtook a guy with a POC helmet at the FOD last weekend and he got all upset and shouty about it.

Folk get weirdly over competitive don’t they? I passed a guy at a cross race who then put on a sprint to pass me again. This pattern was repeated 3 or 4 times until the inevitable happened and he blew totally whereupon he started banging his bars and swearing. We must have been riding for maybe 30th place.

creamegg
    Free Member

Supply and demand I guess. Prices will continue to stay high/ increase if people keep buying them. Plenty of alternatives though.

tollah
    Free Member

I take it you don’t like Rapha stuff either!? 🙂

avdave2

It’s priced partly for exclusivity. Brodie sure you passed him but he knows you know that in real life he is far more rich and successful than you. 🙂

MrSalmon
    Free Member

How is it a rip off while you can choose plenty of things that just as good for half the price?

wisepranker
    Free Member

Folk get weirdly over competitive don’t they? I passed a guy at a cross race who then put on a sprint to pass me again. This pattern was repeated 3 or 4 times until the inevitable happened and he blew totally whereupon he started banging his bars and swearing. We must have been riding for maybe 30th place.

Isn’t that the whole point of racing though?
    Surely if he’s in a race he’s just there to try and beat as many people as possible ❓

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Surely if he’s in a race he’s just there to try and beat as many people as possible

To beat people, you’ve got to finish the race, not run out of steam before hand.

Spin
    Free Member

Isn’t that the whole point of racing though?

Having a tantrum when you lose out on 30th place is the whole point of racing?

I don’t have any problem with trying to beat the other guy but spitting the dummy when he beats you seems a bit churlish to me.

cynic-al
    Free Member

plenty of dicks at the races.

And congratulating themselves on their latest POC purchase 😉

llamaknob
    Free Member

How is it a rip off while you can choose plenty of things that just as good for half the price?

I Don’t see your point,I think POC are a rip off for that very reason your saying. If other stuff is half the price and still just as good quality why should they shove it down our throats in every mag and ask totally stupid prices.
    Before I pay £44.99 for a pair of gloves,i want free shorts with a free tenner in the pocket.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Because they’re not shoving it down your throat?

Charging £5 for a bottle of water at a festival or something is a rip-off.

Charging £5 for a bottle of water in the supermarket next to all the other ones for 90p isn’t a rip-off. It’s just for you to decide whether you want it or not.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

@llamaknob don’t feel so bad about not being able to afford POC gear, there is cheaper gear on the market.

llamaknob
    Free Member

So you think a pair of gloves for £44.99 is reasonable?

randomjeremy
    Free Member

I think it’s a bit on the steep side yes, it’s irrelevant though, the best gloves on the market are oakley factory pilots or mechanix originals as any fule kno

llamaknob
    Free Member

I aint gonna argue with ya mate £45 for a pair of riding gloves is day light robbery,end of,and if your gonna pay it then you the fule.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Ouch.

An idiot I may be, but at least I can afford a set of £45 gloves! 😆

llamaknob
    Free Member

And i bet they look lovely with ya team sky bib and ya rudy project glasses, ya mug.

GW
    Free Member

gloves are pointless and uncomfortable.

paying £150 for an XC helmet is for nothing more than to make a statement. it still looks bloody stupid as all bike helmets do.

if you really must wear a polystyrene box on your head go to ASDA or TECO with a tenner and get something which still passes all the safety standards the POC does.. if you are worried about looking poor tape 15 tenners to it.

Dancake
    Free Member

If you tape enough tenners to your head, you won’t need a helmet

MrSalmon
    Free Member

So you think a pair of gloves for £44.99 is reasonable?

Not for me, so I wouldn’t buy them. I don’t see that the fact that they are an option and that’s the asking price is daylight robbery though.

RealMan
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tvfLM0nbYc[/video]

llamaknob
    Free Member

😀

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Someone grassed me up and now my post has been deleted.

Apologies for insulting you.

The truth is, I dont have a pair of £45 gloves or a Pinarello. I usually ride an Emelle whilst wearing my old Gola goalie gloves.

God, I wish I was rich.

llamaknob
    Free Member

My post too,hahhahhaa,never mind old buddy.I’m off for a ride in the sun in my mrs marigold washing up gloves and a bench baseball cap.

TooTall
    Free Member

I take it you don’t like Rapha stuff either!?

I take it you like Rapha but they don’t make ‘woksmuggler’ size.

llamaknob
    Free Member

Don’t get me started on Rapha £100 for white leather mincing gloves 😡

Kuco

I like my POC body armour though I only paid £125 for mine a few years ago. I found it a lot more comfortable than my old 661 body armour plus I liked it didn’t have full sleeves. Would I pay the current asking price for it? probably not.

badbob
    Free Member

who cares? their money, some of my mates think £400 for a whole bike is a rip-off

llamaknob
    Free Member

I think the spine protector/bladder they have is a great idea but at £170,same with most tech I’ll have to wait for the trickle down 🙂

Mrtrotter
    Free Member

I shop at evil-bay and got some new poc gloves for a tenner. They’re very comfy & possibly the nicest I’ve tried but not worth forty five quid.

Northwind

If they last twice as well or work twice as well as a £22.50 glove then, maybe not.

Some POC stuff is decent value… The arm Bones frinstance are the most expensive arm pads I’ve ever seen, but also the best, and not by a little bit. Well worth it. But other stuff is just ridiculous. £33 for the riding top? It’s just a cotton tshirt!

druidh
    Free Member

If you damage your spine the wrong way, you might experience quite a bit of trickle-down.

legend
    Free Member

GW – Member
    gloves are pointless and uncomfortable.

paying £150 for an XC helmet is for nothing more than to make a statement. it still looks bloody stupid as all bike helmets do.

if you really must wear a polystyrene box on your head go to ASDA or TECO with a tenner and get something which still passes all the safety standards the POC does.. if you are worried about looking poor tape 15 tenners to it.

You wear a Troy Lee D2, you have no say here!

And your apparently hatred of gloves is relatively new, got the photos to prove it 😉

Mrtrotter
    Free Member

2 weeks of using the POC gloves and there’s already an inch of stitching come away, creating a nice hole. Nothing a needle an thread can’t fix but I’d have been a bit miffed if I’d paid the full retail price.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Rip off??’ is closed to new replies.